Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
I got myself a new best friend last Friday and thought I'd share it with you, a group most likely to appreciate it!
It's not brand new in the pictures because I had it out at the range and put 150 rounds through it before I had it 24 hours.

What we have here is a Sig Sauer P229 .40 cal with an upgraded grip ala E2 and Enhanced Elite series.
I have had my "eye on" the new P229 Enhanced Elite but they have yet to even release pictures of it. The P229 E2 is a super nice gun but only available in 9mm, and I have just really had my heart set on .40

So I'm down at GT Distributors and had it in my mind I'm going to buy something nice and new and modern to hold me till the Enhanced Elite model is released. After much reading I was of mind to score a P229 in .40 and put the new grip on it... except I can't even find the damned new grip online. Ugh.
So I go to GT and we're talking about the grip and bam, he pulls out two kits! But still no P229. Hmmmm... should I order? Wait? Really want a gun today, came to buy.
So I'm filling out the form to buy something to hold me over and my friend points at one which had been hidden behind some other customers and lo and behold there's a .40 cal P229.
.40 cal! Grip kit! O_O I changed my mind right there and the rest is history.

I've purchased a LaserMax Guide Rod Laser internal laser sight system too. Be here in a week or so! :D

So, with no further ado, my new baby wearing her new grip:





A couple closer shots of the grip and stippling pattern. LOVE it!:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
Nothing quite like a SIG. Nice looking pistol you got there. Although I have to admit I'm a little more partial to the older, non-railed versions.

Hope it shoots well for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
My GOD that's nice! Ive been thinking about a Sig in .357 Sig, I don't have anything in that caliber. Do you think the E2's will have it in a 226 or 229?

Congrats on the beauty! :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dunkel said:
Nothing quite like a SIG. Nice looking pistol you got there. Although I have to admit I'm a little more partial to the older, non-railed versions.

Hope it shoots well for you.
Thanks!
They say you're paying for a name. They say that about Ferrari too :wink:
Older Sigs are sweet too. I was looking for something new and modern... and railed.
It does shoot nice!

DrGlock said:
My GOD that's nice! Ive been thinking about a Sig in .357 Sig, I don't have anything in that caliber. Do you think the E2's will have it in a 226 or 229?

Congrats on the beauty! :righton:
Thanks! :D
The E2 series is out. The Enhanced Elite is not yet.
E2's are only available in 9mm. The Enhanced Elites will be available in 9mm, .40 S&W, and in the .357 Sig. There's plenty of pictures of the P226 Enhanced Elite. Super nice too, but I was after a smaller gun this go round.
Here's a link to the 226 Enhanced Elite for ya --> http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=7&productid=305
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
757 Posts
Scoopo said:
The E2 series is out. The Enhanced Elite is not yet.
E2's are only available in 9mm. The Enhanced Elites will be available in 9mm, .40 S&W, and in the .357 Sig. There's plenty of pictures of the P226 Enhanced Elite. Super nice too, but I was after a smaller gun this go round.
Here's a link to the 226 Enhanced Elite for ya --> http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=7&productid=305
just want to make one small correction. The E2 is available in both 9mm and .40 s&w. I know because I used to own an 226 e2 in .40 s&w. It's just not listed on their website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,539 Posts
Nice :righton: I had a P229 in .40cal and regret trading it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Congrats! Love Sig's. They are great pistols

Had a few SigPro's in 9mm & .40 and a 229 in .40 (no rail).
Settled for a pair of 228's. They carry well and my wife handles them well.



Enjoy it.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
Congrats! She looks like a beauty. I carry the the older non-railed version everyday, I love it. I shoot it very well, great ergonomics, I've never had one feed or ejection problem with it... not once. Its very accurate.

Also, getting the .357SIG barrel for it is a lot of fun! I love both calibers, though. I carry the .40 currently, but doggone-it I love the .357SIG round.

Enjoy one of the best firearms ever made IMHO. :righton:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Docindahouze said:
Scoopo said:
The E2 series is out. The Enhanced Elite is not yet.
E2's are only available in 9mm. The Enhanced Elites will be available in 9mm, .40 S&W, and in the .357 Sig. There's plenty of pictures of the P226 Enhanced Elite. Super nice too, but I was after a smaller gun this go round.
Here's a link to the 226 Enhanced Elite for ya --> http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=7&productid=305
just want to make one small correction. The E2 is available in both 9mm and .40 s&w. I know because I used to own an 226 e2 in .40 s&w. It's just not listed on their website.
I stand corrected.
I was looking hard at the P229 so I didn't really research the 226 enough to give an informed answer on that. Thanks for the clarification! :wink:

Thanks for the replies.

Nice guns ya got there EmergencyNrse and EJR914
I can sure see the appeal of the non-rail models too. Phew!
Funny that I so much like the railed look as I received my internal laser sight Thursday. I can't seem to get a decent picture tonight but here's a couple showing the (ambidextrous) on/off button(s) on the replacement takedown lever.
All laser-sighted up but with essentially zero change to the external profile and look.




I'll try to get some better pictures showing off the laser asap :)

Also picked up some nice Hydra-shock ammo for this and my 1911 .45 today. -visible in the first pic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Grats man. I also have the P229 in the .357 Sig, Best damn gun I think I've owned and there have been a few :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Sweet gun man.

I've got a SP2022 and I love it, but it's got me itching for another Sig.

I want a P220 but those P229s sure look nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Very Nice!

I just bought my first Sig... It's a Blackwater P226
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Well... nothing to "WOW" anyone but a new toy for me.
A Sig is a Sig after all.





Took this out back to sight-in the EoTech.
I had a 500-round brick of Winchester Super-X that a friend gave me about 25 years ago.

Tore the Hell out of a piece of steel plate I have out in the yard.
Color me impressed...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JeffSmith2208, just popped on and saw your thread and replied there too.
Nice Sig! Very nice! :D

EmergencyNrse, "nothing to 'WOW' anyone"? That is freaking sweet!
I can't afford to keep looking at that. Just beautiful! 8)
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top