My New Blackwater Sig

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by JeffSmith2208, Nov 5, 2010.

1. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

I went to Shooter's here in Columbus to look around. I fell in love with this gun and had to get it. It's a used Blackwater edition 9mm Sig P226. It has the Blackwater Logo on the slide and the wooden grips, and also came with a pair of Sig plastic grips. It has red front and green rear tritium sights, and came with four 15 round mags and one 10 rounder. The gun and the mags have no scratches or wear marks anywhere, eccept one small spot on the front of the trigger guard.
    Anyhow, tell me what you think...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tazisland

Tazisland New Member

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET :righton:

3. 1clearshot

1clearshot Member

Congrats on your new Sig. I fondled a Blackwater P229 once. My hands are not big enough to comfortably hold wood-grip double-stack Sigs.

I have Sig aluminum grips on my P228 and I like them. But that black wood-grip really looks good. :righton:

4. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

Very cool SIG! :righton:

Let us know how it shoots!!

5. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

It is a very large grip, luckily I have fairly large hands being 6'4"... I tried to get a good picture of the front of the slide (on the ejection port side) where the words "Blackwater" are factory engraved, but my phone couldn't get a clear picture.

This is my first Sig, and I am very excited!

6. jklotz

jklotz New Member

Congrats, looks like a great gun. I have the blackwater 1911 .45, and it's amazing to shoot! I'm sure you will enjoy it.
    [​IMG]

7. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

Wow! Now THAT is a pretty gun!

8. pml

pml Active Member

Nice. I always wanted the one that came with 4 20 round mags, but never had the money at the right time.

9. SoonerPast

SoonerPast New Member

Can't beat Sig's reliability. Someday, I'll get a simple 239.

10. 175FO

175FO Member

I thought the Blackwater Sig P226 came with 20 round mags. Looks cool though, I've always wanted a Sig, just don't have the money.

11. JeffSmith2208

JeffSmith2208 New Member

The newer ones came with the 20 rounders. They also added a TruGlo TFO front sight paired with the Siglite rear tritium sight, which is what I'm going to do with this one. I don't like the red Siglite sight on the front, it's way to dim when compared to the green dots on the rear.

12. 1clearshot

1clearshot Member

That would be P226 SCT. I had P229 SCT that I traded to fellow forum member for my wife's STI. I miss that gun.... :cry:

It is really easy to stay focused on front sight with that fiber optic NS. Darn thing glows in bright daylight.

13. Scoopo

Scoopo Member

Very nice!
    Grats :)

14. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

One thing about Sigs is that they are well made, and will keep going and going and going. I bought my Sig P229 Certified Pre-Owned from a fellow over at Sig Forum for around 600 bucks. Its much older, good finish, it is in excellent condition and didn't have much wear at all on the internals. Slide is very tight. Never had one single FTF or FTE. It is my EDC.

I don't think you have to spend a ton on Sigs if you really want one really bad. Just buy a quality used one without a lot of abuse or wear, and you'll be good to go.

Sometimes you see some that are in really rough quality for around 400 bucks if you really just want to own one. I promise you, it will probably still work well. They are beast. Especially, the older ones. The ones made before new management took over a few years ago.