My Mind Is Blown

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Nemo, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Completely.

Wife was watching Wheel of Fortune tonight. Local CBS channel. Came out and asked me about gun commercials on TV. I said never.

She had it recording and it was a Glock commercial, on broadcast TV, on a national network.

It was on at 7:17pm, for the G44, a couple women working with horses, hiking in the mountains and OCing. Some range shooting and plinking type usage and actual firing. Showed outline of handgun with G44 in the trigger guard/trigger area and some shot up empty cans with "plink44.com" next to it.

My mind is blown.

Nemo

[​IMG]

2. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

At least your hair is still white.

3. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Well, there’s only a certain demographic left that watches TV, let alone broadcast. ;)

4. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

You won't see that one on Jeopardy. :)

5. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

I’ve only seen Henry ads on television and it wasn’t even my television....I think it was on encore western channel.

6. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

7. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

A gun manufacturer commercial on network TV, aimed at women? Someone check on the Moms Demand Action crows. They might have pulled out a few feathers.

Schweisshund likes this.
  8. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

9. dhaller

dhaller Active Member

My guess is that they're testing response with some local affiliates (ie. not a national campaign) to see if it's worth running ads to things other than hunting/fishing shows.

With the uptick in gun purchases this past year, and the expansion of market demographics, they're seeing if they can scale it up.

I know Daniel Defense wanted to run a Super Bowl spot a few years ago, but they were denied, so there's certainly a case for surprise. Is TimeWarner just more gun-friendly?

DH

Phil1979 likes this.