Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is all i have after being out of work for 18 months.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Nothing wrong with a stack of 20ga #3BK for home defense. That's what I use too, just in an old Winchester format.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Definitely trumps foul language or pointy sticks :righton:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
My one and only shotgun is a 20 gauge pump.
If I were to use it for home defense, I would, and the only thing "non sporting" about it would be that it would be wearing an 18.5" cylinder-bore "slug barrel" that is made for deer hunting, but I have no intention of hunting deer with this shotgun. The short barrel with its wide-open choke is to make the gun more useful for close-quarters combat.

P.S. I suppose I would prefer to have a tactical flashlight, like you have. I used to have such a set-up, but right now I don't. If I think I need a weapon with a light, I'll grab the SKS with a 3 "D" cell Mag-Light attached.

·
Registered
626 Posts
We keep a Winchester Youth 20ga by the bed because it's what the lady can and likes to shoot. It's small and handy with a short LOP and short barrel with fixed Mod choke. I like the heck out of it.

So much so that I ended up buying another one for me with removable Winchokes for hunting. I don't even have a 12ga anymore. :oops:

·
Dei Gratia
2,907 Posts
The wife and I both keep 20guages by our respective bedsides. Hers is a Stoeger side by side. Mines is a Remington 870 with the Knox recoil system.

#3 buck in both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts