Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got off work early today, and i figured what the hell, may as well go hunting. i came home, and couldn't decide between taking the bow and climbing a tree, or taking the rifle and just walking the property and just see what happens. in the end, i got the rifle and went. i got to the property, parked my car, and took off walking. walked about an hour and a half, and saw about 10 deer, a few '*****, and a whole gang of squirrels. unfortunately, all of those deer spotted me before i spotted them.

started to get close to dark so i figured i would walk the edge of the field on the way to my car. i started in the direction of the field, and since i was walking on dried leaves i could hear everything going on around me. i was about 20 minuted from the field and i kept hearing something behind me. at one point, it sounded so close that i stopped, spun 180 degrees, brought my ar-15 to low ready, but couldnt see anything behind me. i stayed here at low ready for about 10 minutes.

once satisfied that nothing was behind me, i continued to the field. the whole way, i was hearing the noise behind me again, and i just figured it was my imagination. once i got to the field, i decided to stop and take a whiz before i continued to my car. so i lean my rifle against a tree, turn out to where im looking over the field, and start to do my business. at this point, i find out what was following me. buck comes out at 20 yards, and just watches me. he just stands there watching. i was about 15 feet from my rifle, so reached for my pistol. i usually carry a 45 caliber kimber grand raptor, which i have killed a deer with this year, but today i had my glock 26 9mm. i was still midstream when i draw my pistol, put the sights on the spot, and pull the trigger. the hornady TAP ammo did its job, and the buck dropped on the spot.

so not only do i come away from this with the latest season kill ive ever made, but i got a really cool story from it as well.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
congrats that is impressive with 9mm

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
samman23 said:
pretty good shot midwhiz. That's a pretty good hunting story. Where did you place the bullet?
the heart was in pieces.

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
Impressive! Where was the shot placed?

nevermind, evidently I type too slow. :shattered:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HydroAuto said:
Impressive! Where was the shot placed?
straight through the heart.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sirkut said:
You carrying a glock? What in the world...
shutup....... lol :cantsay:

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
What I want to know is.............................what the hell are you doing with a Glock! :bsflag: :lol:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tmoore912 said:
What I want to know is.............................what the hell are you doing with a Glock! :bsflag: :lol:
i do cnc maching, and im leaning in and out of the machine all day. i got tired of banging my $2,000 gun against the machine all day. i figured if i was gonna beat something up, it may as well be this piece of crap.

·
Luggage Killer
786 Posts
Mmmmmmmm.... Venison! :righton:

So, you shot him with your pistol, cause you couldn't reach your rifle, cause you were holding your gun :-# ?

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
270sniper said:
tmoore912 said:
i do cnc maching, and im leaning in and out of the machine all day. i got tired of banging my $2,000 gun against the machine all day. i figured if i was gonna beat something up, it may as well be this piece of crap.
Good Lord, I thought the world was coming to an end. :shakehead: =;

Nice shot BTW.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bgs210 said:
Mmmmmmmm.... Venison! :righton:

So, you shot him with your pistol, cause you couldn't reach your rifle, cause you were holding your gun :-# ?
yeah, i guess.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Wow. That's all I can really say.

You hear all the rules about hunting when you are a kid (wind, noise, don't pee near your stand etc. etc. )......did you have a cig hanging out of your mouth too? :righton:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BSCLibertarian said:
Wow. That's all I can really say.

You hear all the rules about hunting when you are a kid (wind, noise, don't pee near your stand etc. etc. )......did you have a cig hanging out of your mouth too? :righton:
no, but i did fart really loud right before he came out. also, i pee out of my stands on a regular basis. i have killed many deer while they stood there smelling it.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
Funny. When I was growing up my best friend's dad used to tell us that the biggest deer he ever killed walked by while he was peeing out of his stand and smoking a cigarette (he was not a real serious hunter LOL).....I think it was raining too.

·
Registered
726 Posts
... I'm waiting for the real story here. Let me reconstruct the scene for you. He was obviously unimpressed with your AR. I'm sure he was thinking "he's hunting me with an AR? How silly." So he follows you to the point where you take a whiz just to see if you're for real, you pull out a.. "OH NO!! It's a Glock!!" and he faints dead away.

That's the real story.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
That buck was stalking you.
If you would have dropped trou to do a #2 instead of #1, you might have been the victim of a sexual assault. :lol:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
gunsmoker said:
If you would have dropped trou to do a #2 instead of #1, you might have been the victim of a sexual assault. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
gunsmoker said:
ROFLMAO!!!!!! I've never laughed so hard.

cool store man good shot and of course nice looking little buck. I's pretty funny he followed you out of the woods. I've seen alot of movies where the stalkie gets all crazy and would swing around shooting into the darkness, lol I could see you doing that with the AR. Then out walks this lil buck after you wasted 2 ammo cans worth. I like hunting stories like this.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts