My house in a movie and movies that have been filmed here

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by rmodel65, Nov 15, 2010.

1. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

so i got to thinking about movies that were filmed here in Brunswick/Glynn county...Conrack was filmed back in the day and they drive down Union Street and pass my house at about 6:54 in its the house setback from the road he is driving on
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIYq49de ... re=related

what got me thinking about movies being filmed here is the fact that they are filming scenes for the new X-Men First Class movie in Jekyll Island ive heard they are blowing up the convention center(was set to be demolished to build the new one) for the movie and they are using the Jekyll Island hotel as a mansion for the movie... http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-new ... yll-island

2. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

It's always pretty cool seeing places you know on TV or in movies. I grew up on Long Island where countless movies and shows were also filmed. My homes have never been in movies but because of our close distance to the Hamptons, I had met quite a few famous folks. Tom Hanks was the biggest star I had ever spoken too.

3. RIA45

RIA45 New Member

I used to live in Brunswick. My dad and cousins used to go over to Jekyll Island and swim in Rockefeller's pool. Of course they had to jump the fence first.

4. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

5. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

Got all of you beat. Smokey and Bandit highway chase was filmed on Hwy 400 :D

[​IMG]

6. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

Aw c'mon who could forget:

[​IMG]

"Squeal like a pig boy!" :lol:

7. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

That was mostly a South Carolina movie. Most of it was filmed on the Chauga River. Only a few scenes are from GA, like Tallulah Gorge.

8. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

9. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

"Fried Green Tomatoes" was filmed in Senoia, Julliet, and Coffee Bluff Plantation. The barbeque from the movie is still there, as it was, in the rear of the Whistle Stop Cafe. Senoia is currently filming movies and t.v. shows, and the signage is frequently changed on various businesses to accomodate filming. "Zombieland" in downtown Newnan and the Fulton County Parkway. "Footloose 2" at the Senoia racetrack(neighbor in as an extra). All the "House of Payne" stuff in Atlanta.

10. Target

Target New Member

Killers starring Ashton Kutcher filmed scenes in the Douglasville(Tributary) area.

A Simple Twist of Fate starring Steve Martin filmed scenes in Buford and other parts of Georgia.

11. RickN

RickN New Member

Does "Cops" count? If not, my house and wife have never been on TV.

Twice.

12. lynx

lynx Member

I was an extra in "Invasion USA" when they were shooting in the Atlanta area. My car got more camera time (and more pay) than I did, because it had Florida tags on it.