My Glock 17 malfunctioned Sat.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

So there I was at Ft. Benning, shooting the GSSF match. I did great at the Glock 'M stage, ate lunch, and started shooting the 5-To-Glock stage. Durring the 1st string I noticed that something didn't feel right. When reloading for the second string, I noticed that one of my frame pins was about halfway out!!! I pushed it back in as far as I could with my thumb, shot the 2nd string, pushed it back again, and shot my 3rd string. Needless to say I flopped BIG TIME on my aim, since I kept looking at the pin and NOT my targets. I has the Glock Armorer look at it afterwards and he replacd the pin with a new one, but when I went to shoot the plates (my worst stage), I couldn't concentrate on my front sightm because I kept worrying about the stupid pin. I missed several plates (10 second penalty each). The pin stayed put just like it should have, but my confidence was blown for the day. After nearly 6000 rounds in 6 months, I guess I can't complain too much about a minor issue.

I shot horribly in 2 out of 3 stages, but it was a great day for a top down drive, I got to meet the Gunny, and had a great time, so I won't complain too much.

Besides, I'll be at the Anderson SC match next month, and will get a little revenge on that plate rack. :twisted:

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

He say what the problem was?

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

He doesn't know why it started to come out. He replaced with a new one. I asked Norm at Bulseye about it after work tonight. He said that it isn't common, but he has seen it before. He told me that it won't hurt the gun if it comes it, and it will still fire fine. But, durring a competition it will blow your concentration.