My GA U.S. Senators Reposnded Back

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by GeorgiaGlocker, Jan 11, 2007.

1. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I recently received a repsonse back from senators, Johhny Isakson and Saxby Chambliss regarding my emails to them concerning my support for National Park carry. They apologized for the delay but I still appreciate the response back. Althought the 109th Congress is now history, all we can do is hope to find success in the 110th congress.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Yeah! Nancy Pelosi is going to hop right on that! :D

They had their chance to do it, and to my knowledge neither Senator lifted a finger to make the bill succeed.

Even Allen introduced it late, on his way out, simply because he promised he would do so in his campaign, years earlier. What was he waiting 6 years for?

Now he can say he did not break his promise when he runs for office again. He never really wanted it to succeed, or he would have introduced it early enough to do some good.

3. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

You are right MP. Nancy Pelosi = two chances..... slim and none!

4. wwomack

wwomack New Member

I agree. I was very disappointed with the way that was handled. I spoke to someone from Mr. Chambliss's office and all they would say was that he was very pro-gun and would vote yes to this bill once it reached for the floor. I repeatedly told them that this bill required help getting to the floor and that I expected the senator to do something to help it out of committee but the staffer just deflected that comment and ignored it. It doesn't sound like either senator was actually willing to put anything on the line to support this bill. Instead they did just enough to be able to claim to support it without actually having to do anything.

5. kkennett

kkennett New Member

I got the same reply in a phone message last night. Lots of talk, no action.