My First Public OC

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by shamalama, Jul 18, 2007.

1. shamalama

shamalama New Member

I received my first GFL last Friday (after waiting 73 days). After posting about it here Mr. ptsmith24 asked, "Where are you going to carry first?"

I'm CC'ing just about anytime I'm out of the house, but I hadn't gotten up enough nerve to publicly OC anywhere ... until today. I strapped on a hip holster and went to Southlake Mall for lunch.

I entered the mall at the Food Court, got a slice of pizza, and sat down and ate lunch. Afterwards I walked to one end of the mall (stopping to purchase a little "something" at Fredrick's Of Hollywood for my upcoming anniversary), took the escalator to the top level, walked to the other end of the mall (stopping to purchase a card for my upcoming anniversary, and checking out the puppies in the pet store), took the escalator back down, returned to the Food Court, and left - one lap around the mall.

I only noticed one long stare at my hand-held ordinance delivery system, and it was from a guy that was a bit creepy-looking himself.

Since I'm primarily going to CC I bought a handgun that's small enough to fit in my front pocket - a Kel-Tec PF-9. I don't (yet) have something that looks "spooky" or "dangerous". So the PF-9 hanging on my hip probably went more un-noticed than noticed. As to whether I'll own something to "really" hang from my hip (Glock 17?) will depend on how well the gift I got my gentle bride from Fredrick's works.

On my way out of the mall I noticed two Security Guards (at least one of which was armed) eating at the Food Court. I thought about walking through the middle of the Food Court just to see if they tried to hassle me, but why pour gasoline on a fire?

OK, now I've "lost" my Carry Cherry. I'm not quite a Slut yet but am willing to give it my best shot. Strangely, after the initial trepidation I found myself to be much more at ease with my surroundings that I have been in awhile - especially at Southlake Mall. I'm still having to practice "checking my 6" of combat readiness, and constantly reminding myself to stay in Condition Yellow instead of Condition White, as those were foreign concepts before. But life is way too precious, and there are too many Bad Guys, to walk around like a Deaf-And-Blind Sheep.

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Congrats, you gave me a new sig quote!

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I have to say that if they had noticed you at Southlake, they would have called the police.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Sounds like a good experience. Glad it worked out just fine.

5. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Yes, congrats on the OC experience...and giving mzmtg a new sig line, it's a dandy!

6. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

Why so hostile, MP?!?!? :?

Sham, congrats, I'm glad no one grabbed your weapon... I hear it's real common these days.

7. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Congrats! I hope you get to carry a bigger gun, even if it is a piece of plastic :)

8. merlock

merlock New Member

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

10. Malum Prohibitum

I don't know. I guess they just do not like guns.

11. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

My bad, I thought you had said that YOU would call the police...

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :oops:

12. Malum Prohibitum

:lol:

Yes, I would call the police.

13. Malum Prohibitum

14. Malum Prohibitum

And curl up in a fetal position and start crying. :cry:

15. Malum Prohibitum

:rotfl:

It would be pretty funny for a guy who openly carries to call the police and complain about somebody else doing it!

16. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

::furiously making notes for next April Fool's Day:: :lol: :wink:

17. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Hopefully, the police would see you first and question you. Then, you could explain that you made the call. :D

18. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Certainly picked a worthwhile place to OC at...
    :righton: