Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my first attempt in making a holster, I was looking for something that had a thumb break, could snap on my belt instead of loops and that did not allow barrel to show. I have seen Zookepers holsters and he inspired me to make one myself since I could not find what I was looking for. The whole process took me a few days on and off and was not as difficult as I had thought. There was some trial and error in cutting the back out but I'll keep those pieces for some other stuff now that I seem to be hooked on doing leather work. Everything was hand stitched and my total cost in supplies was no where near what I would have paid for one. Any comments will be appreciated as it will help me in making them better as I go along.

with the snap open

close up of the Concho I used as the snaps

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I think it looks pretty good.
:righton:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
sweet!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all, maybe one day I can turn out as good product like what Al puts out :)

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Looks good! :righton:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I've never worked leather before so I can only think of one thing I would have done differently.

I would have used some type of punch tool (very likely a small flat head and hammer :lol: ) to from a thin recess in the leather where I was planning to stitch. It should give you cleaner, tighter looking stitch lines.

Other than that it looks a ton better than anything I would come up with on a first try. Good job! :righton:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deek said:
I've never worked leather before so I can only think of one thing I would have done differently.

I would have used some type of punch tool (very likely a small flat head and hammer :lol: ) to from a thin recess in the leather where I was planning to stitch. It should give you cleaner, tighter looking stitch lines.

Other than that it looks a ton better than anything I would come up with on a first try. Good job! :righton:
Thanks, Yea, I know exactly what you are talking about. There are different tools that I'm going to pick up that puts in a recess as you described. I didn't want to jump right in and spend a ton of money on all the cool tools, but I think the leather working bug has hit and I plan to slowly purchase different tools here and there. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
good job!

if you pm me i will offer my input to you and help you out any way i can, i am no expert and learn from every one i make but have made a few wrong turns you don't have to.

good luck, it's a lot of fun and remember .........no hobby is cheap :)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zookeper said:
good job!

if you pm me i will offer my input to you and help you out any way i can, i am no expert and learn from every one i make but have made a few wrong turns you don't have to.

Thanks for the offer, any help will be appreciated

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
:righton:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
zookeper said:
good job!

And this particular one adds up QUICK! :shattered:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SilentGhost said:
zookeper said:
good job!

And this particular one adds up QUICK! :shattered:
You're not kidding, 40 bucks here, 30 bucks there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts