I'm ready for buy my first hand gun
I'm don't decide if G- 21 or G- 22
any suggestion is welcome .

Thank you !!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Re: MY FIRST HANDGUN . G 21 or G 22

How much shooting have you done in the past and with what?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well ... never I have a gun before
I'm a new on this business

·
Registered
1,560 Posts

the279 said:
Well ... never I have a gun before
I'm a new on this business
My advice would be to find a range that rents handguns. Try as many as you can and find what works for you. There is nothing wrong with the two Glock models you listed. Glocks are fine guns, but they're not for everyone.

If you're still interested in Glocks after firing a few I would look at the "subcompact" line (G19 or G23). These models are very manageable and can be carried openly or concealed easily.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're still interested in Glocks after firing a few I would look at the "subcompact" line (G19 or G23). These models are very manageable and can be carried openly or concealed easily.
Thank you I will follow your advice. About your comment for easy carried openly or conceled. is illegal carry a G 21 or G 22 ? or is only for the Size?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
If I may, I would start with the G19 model.

9mm, nice to shoot, easier to conceal and carry than the bigger G21 and G22.

Then as you begin to learn and gather experience, you can move to other calibers and sizes.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
the279 said:
Thank you I will follow your advice. About your comment for easy carried openly or conceled. is illegal carry a G 21 or G 22 ? or is only for the Size?

Thanks
Sure it's legal to carry either (assuming you have a GWL/GFL). In my opinion the G21 & G22 are a little large for daily carry, especially if you plan to carry concealed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My advice would be to find a range that rents handguns. Try as many as you can and find what works for you. There is nothing wrong with the two Glock models you listed. Glocks are fine guns, but they're not for everyone.
Absolutly my wife agree with your advice , we will go to some range
a soon for check that three models G 19 21 and 22 !!

Thank you

·
Romans 10:13
4,642 Posts
Good advice on renting the guns then deciding. That is exactly what I did. I rented a G17 and a G19. I chose the 19 and have never looked back. I prefer compact and subcompact models. Nothing wrong with full size. It just comes down to personal preference. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have shot all four. the G21,22,23 and 19. i have and carry the 19. i like the smaller size but it holds 15 rounds of 9mm. with the 124+p Gold dots i feel i am not underpowered. it is a very controllable package.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
find a range that had a wide variety of guns for rental. try the various glocks you listed, as well as some other handguns. try sig, h&k, s&w, and also try some 1911s.

i started off thinking i wanted a glock, but the first time i picked one of those things up, i shot it, handed it back, and went home and washed the shame off myself. bought an sr9, it was mediocre for a while. eventually mathar1 talked me into trying a 1911, and thats all ill carry now. i feel dirty just thinking of carrying anything else.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I own a Glock 21sf. I don't conceal carry it because of it's size. I keep it at home beside the bed. I carry a Glock 27 because it is easy to conceal. If I open carried then I probably would consider the 21, but I think it is definitely not for CC in my world.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you Gun Toter for your advice
well I'm ready for stop for a some range
for test both handgun a soon.

I'm a new in that kind a business, and
that will be my first gun on my life.

After that we will take a choice.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
the279 said:
Thank you Gun Toter for your advice
well I'm ready for stop for a some range
for test both handgun a soon.

I'm a new in that kind a business, and
that will be my first gun in my life.

After that we will take a choice.

Thank you
I would not suggest a Glock as the first weapon or any other weapon of it's type that has no safety or de-cocker.
IMHO, weapons like this are for the well trained and experienced shooter. I'd suggest a DA/SA auto or a revolver for a while and lots of training.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you very much for your advice
again , can you recommend some kind
especific gun for a beginner old guy?

I like a Pistols no revolver but I can
change a mind for safety.

We are looking for a some trainning
around our area too.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
the279 said:
Thank you very much for your advice
again , can you recommend some kind
especific gun for a beginner old guy?

I like a Pistols no revolver but I can
change a mind for safety.

We are looking for a some trainning
around our area too.
Thanks
"Old guy to old guy" :wink: , Sig's, modern S&W da/sa autos, 1911's & the like. Rent some and see what feels good to you. Find training now so you can find a trainer you feel comfortable with. Tell us your area and I bet someone knows someone who will be glad to help you. Bet you can even find and 'old guy'. My preference also. :lol:

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
You don't need a 9mm "starter gun". I carried a 3" 1911 .45ACP for years before I ever shot a 9mm. You'll get used to whatever you shoot and carry. I like the G21, and would recommend it.

Full disclosure, I carry a G19 now, but not for caliber or recoil reasons.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Same -- my first was 45ACP and with exception to the security six I used to pass the range test for CCW, didn't fire another caliber for years.

I'm actually glad I first cut my teeth on a big bore 45. Gave me the confidence to later experiment with other calibers without any self doubt.

Incidentally, most of my carry guns are 40SW for reasons of economy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well my reason for buy a handgun is:

Days ago I was working on my laptop
Around 9:00 am when a heard something
downstairs, so I shouted "Honey , you home"
and got no replay , I waited 5 minutes and
went to the I've balcony of the stairs coming
across a strange black guy never seen in my life
. I was in Shock and din't know what to do a