Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you know my father through me and my posting of him here, my telling tales and stories, or or some have met him.... Many of you know not at all of him. You don't know that he was involved in making many of the foods you eat, making them safer, better products through innovation in freezing and refrigeration techniques. You do not know how he played a key role in making and inventing the conveyor-belt hamburger grill that all the fast-food hamburgers are cooked on....

You may know he saved his friend's life through two lonely hours of CPR while waiting for the medical help to arrive deep in the mountains of Leavenworth Washington. You may know I love to go for walks with him up the mountain. You know I hunt with him every year in Wyoming.... I simply call my father my best friend... My Hero.

The little boy who thought his father was the man who can do no wrong, who gave of himself freely to others who needed, who was someone to be looked up to..... That was me.

Right now, he is on a warming bed, at a Hopsital in Seattle Washington. He is awaiting the anethesiologist and surgeon... He is starting a battle with cancer. The robotic DaVinci Surgery method is being used, which is minimally harmful or invasive. He has a great prognosis, and is expected to make a full recovery. It chills me to know what he is starting to go through right now.

I am in tears that I cannot be by his side right now. It kills me I cannot be there to hug him. Please, remember him in your prayers!

I love you daddy!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Prayers sent for your Father match. He looks like he is ready to kick cancer's ass. :righton:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Glad to hear the news is promising. I pray everything goes well Match.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I hope the surgery is completely successful and that he makes a speedy recovery. May God bless you both.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Knee mail sent...

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
Match10, my family and I will pray for your father and his speedy recovery. Know that many people will be praying for you and him. God bless.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been in surgery a while. My sister got a message from the operating room it is going well and expected to be a few more hours. Then recovery and post op. They think he will go to my sister's tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Your father knows full well that you're taking this walk with him. Just as you relied on him for strength and inspiration, it's now his turn to take some back from you. One way to start might be to share your post with him. Somebody out there can show it to him.

Be encouraged that your dad's cancer is operable. My dad's was not. Further more, I was also unable to be with during his treatments. I know full well what you're going through.

Your dad has many qualities that I wished my dad had. I always thought it strange that my dad grew up in Pennsylvania, not knowing how to hunt or fish! He was a workaholic, and if he wasn't working at the refinery, he was painting homes or hanging wallpaper to get by. He was always too busy to walk the woods with me. I had to teach myself to hunt, fish, and explore. You are very fortunate to have your dad.

·
GPDO Supporter
3,508 Posts
knee mail sent match10 for your dad and your family!!! Prayer is real and works!

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dad out and to recovery! Looking good!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Match10 said:
Dad out and to recovery! Looking good!
Glad to hear it went well! My dad is in Mount Vernon, WA. and is also dealing with Cancer....his is not going to get better this time.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Prayers sent.

I do not know your father, but your post makes me want to meet him. Let's work on getting him healed so you can bring him to Georgia for a visit soon. We would all be honored to meet him.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Match -
Prayers on the way.
[-o<

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,725 Posts
Prayer sent, and was received without delay.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts