my experience

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by Glock19, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Glock19

Glock19 Member

Well after a couple years of putting it off I finally applied for my GFL, should have done it sooner but oh well.

Went to the courthouse in Carrollton, found the probate office and filled out their own form which they type into the computer. A drivers license is all you need for identification purposes. The social security number and employment info were listed as optional. If you choose to give your SSN like I did, be sure to bring your card. $47 cash or check.

Then I took my fingerprint card and paper work across town to the Sheriffs Department (specifically the detention center). They're still using the ink method. Leave you paperwork there and thats it.

The whole process took about 45 minutes and the staff at both places were pleasant.

Now maybe a miracle will occur and I'll get my license within 60 days. Yeah right they warned that it might take 4 or 5 months. :banghead:

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations on your application. I got my application in less than 60 days in Fulton, so you should be in good shape as long as you keep checking the progress of your application.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Just curious..why did you give your SSN if it was listed as optional? Did you also give employer info?

4. Glock19

Glock19 Member

At this point in my life I have no qualms about giving out my Social Security number especially to a government body, plenty of private companies have it as it is. I figured it could only help the process. I'm glad they have been stopped from forcing people to give that info. No I did not give my employment info.

5. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

Re: my Carroll county experience

My co-worker got hers from Carroll county and it took a little less than a month.

Just remember to get lots of "progress reports".

6. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

I'm the same way... I pass out my SSN like candy... even to strangers... I just think it will be hilarious if anyone ever steals my identity, because my identity will be a whole lot worse than their identity. They would be stealing $110,000 in debt and $14 in a bank account...

who cares if your identity is stolen if you are a penniless loser.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Re: my Carroll county experience

:?:

Carroll County. That looks familiar . . .

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/2007/05 ... oot-again/

8. Whasat

Whasat New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, mine in Carroll County was not that long at all. Of course it was 2 years ago. My wife applied in Carroll County last week so we will see how long they take now.

As an update, Carroll County now uses electronic fingerprinting.....so maybe it will be faster. :roll:

9. Glock19

Glock19 Member

Just an update I'm on day 73. I haven't talked to them yet, but reading other posters experiences from Carroll around 77 or 79 days seems to be the norm so I will give them a few more weeks before I start stirring S$%#.

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Go ahead and stir something up...it's past 60 days.

11. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

+1

12. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

Judge Cason needs to have a fire lit under her ass...

13. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

Maybe I need to call Betty or stop by and see her.

14. 1911packer

1911packer New Member

15. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

16. Glock19

Glock19 Member

Day 107

Got a probate letter, the FBI can't read my prints, must redo. :(

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:( Dang..it took them that long to figure that out?

18. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Glock19, I sent you a PM regarding your GFL application.

19. Glock19

Glock19 Member

well well well look what came today
    about 125 days after applying
    about 2 1/2 weeks after re fingerprinting with live scan