My Dekalb County experience - 179 Days

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by Rooster, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Rooster

Rooster Guest

Hi all. I've been lurking here for over year. Received my GFL 10/26/07 and thought I'd share the experience.

I applied at 9:00 A.M. on May 8, 2007, paid my fees and went to get finger printed at the Sheriff's Office. Finished there before 11:00 A.M.

I called the probate court October 15th to check on the status of the license. Spoke with Sheila and was told it was on her boss's desk waiting to be laminated and mailed. She said she would get it in the mail that week.

It arrived this past Friday (10/26/07).

Issue date on license: 07/09/07

59 days to issue.

179 days to receive.

A friend down the road applied three months ago. He called last Monday and never got a call back.

Gotta love Dekalb.

BTW - we shoot at American Classic Marksman.

2. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Rooster,

That blows, they made the time but did not mail.... Sure you have seen but check out GCO they have been making things happen and more this next year. You may be good for five year but just think how much better it could be.

Congrats!!

3. Rooster

Rooster Guest

thanks.

The first thing I did was strap the gun on and take the dog for a walk. Then I went to the beer store for party favors.

4. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

:welcome:

Make sure you carry as much as possible in DeKalb. :wink:

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Congratulations. 119 days too long though :(

6. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

What strikes me about DeKalb is how inconsistent they are. My roommate and I both got our GFLs within 70 days, still too long, but certainly shorter than your experience.

7. Broadside Bob

Broadside Bob Member

I believe DeKalb's procedure (other counties might do it too) is to date your license 60 days after the application date regardless of when they send it to you.

They seem to have done that to me two years ago, and I remember that the paperwork had a "date issued" on it when I signed it.