Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,992 Posts
18D is closed to females. 18 series (Special Forces) is male only.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,992 Posts
budder said:
gruntpain1775 said:
18D is closed to females. 18 series (Special Forces) is male only.
I was just about to post that. Wonder if they opened it up.
Negative. All 18 series, along with 11, 13, 19 and a few others (Combat Arms) are all closed to females. If they ever open it up it will be all over the news.

Going 18 series is basically getting a new MOS. In order to go 18 series you must first complete and be selected at Special Forces Assessment/Selection (SFAS). After you are selected then you must undergo the training, which lasts different lengths of time for each Identifier, but the average is about a year. After you successfully complete that you are Special Forces Qualified and assigned to a Operational Detachment.

Females are not allowed in 18 series, nor are they allowed to attend SFAS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,594 Posts
I've had a role in the training of of 18 Deltas, though minor at best. While I have little doubt this gal could complete the training, I have serious doubt she'd ever be utilized in that capacity. The MOS is not eligible for the Combat Medical Badge (CMB), but rather is only eligible for the Combat Infantry Badge (CIB). On a team, everybody knows every member's job. That means the medic must know how to set mines, as well as disarm mines, take over commo, or direct fire. I see no place where she would be assigned to a team in combat. The requirements for 18-D are clear. "Male only"!

Her energy, and skills could be better utilized. Encourage her to go to OCS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,992 Posts
CountryGun said:
. The MOS is not eligible for the Combat Medical Badge (CMB), but rather is only eligible for the Combat Infantry Badge (CIB).

.
The regs changed a few years ago. Medical Sergeants may choose to which award they wish to be awarded, the CIB or CMB. If he already has one then he can get the other, but only one may be worn at a time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She will not be eligible for Special Ops units.....but the job that just opened for her is brand new......and it requires specialized medical skills and training. The only mos that meets the requirements right now is 18Delta...so thats where they are sending her....some of the training in the full 18D MOS she will not take. Guess it's a modified version of training for her new job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,594 Posts
inkdaddy said:
She will not be eligible for Special Ops units.....but the job that just opened for her is brand new......and it requires specialized medical skills and training. The only mos that meets the requirements right now is 18Delta...so thats where they are sending her....some of the training in the full 18D MOS she will not take. Guess it's a modified version of training for her new job.
We wish her well and respect what she's doing. I'd like to meet her one day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,992 Posts
inkdaddy said:
She will not be eligible for Special Ops units.....but the job that just opened for her is brand new......and it requires specialized medical skills and training. The only mos that meets the requirements right now is 18Delta...so thats where they are sending her....
You sure she may not be attending a class hosted by SF? I have never heard anyone attending another MOS course just to train and not operate in that MOS after the completion of the training. Especially SF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,721 Posts
God bless her - wherever she goes, I hope she kicks butt. She sounds bad :censored:. She will be a great benefit to this country & society once she gets out (unless she plans on being a lifer).

Keep us informed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,447 Posts
gruntpain1775 said:
Females are not allowed in 18 series, nor are they allowed to attend SFAS.
good thing they can vote now ;)

she sounds like an amazing individual. Wish her luck from all of us even Grunt. And I recall a movie made like this once as well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,992 Posts
TippinTaco said:
gruntpain1775 said:
Females are not allowed in 18 series, nor are they allowed to attend SFAS.
good thing they can vote now ;)
what does that have to do with anything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,447 Posts
gruntpain1775 said:
TippinTaco said:
gruntpain1775 said:
Females are not allowed in 18 series, nor are they allowed to attend SFAS.
good thing they can vote now ;)
what does that have to do with anything?
I was just picking on ya. No need to get riled up or anything. It just seems (not you persay) that a lot of those people in the military that don't think gays should be able to serve openly or even at all are the same ones who believe that only men should be able too. One day our military will realize this is 2010, it's ok to lose the 1950's mentality. I figure no matter race,sex or sexual preference, if you want to serve this country and put your life on the line for this country then who has the right to tell you no? GI-Jane wasn't based on true accounts but it certainly opened alot of peoples eyes that it was possible that a woman could do the exact same job.

Interesting page:

http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/FirstWoman.asp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,950 Posts
What the heck does gay service have anything to do with the accomplishments of this fine woman in military? NOTHING! Get over it.

Congratulations to your daughter, Ink!
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
Congrats, Ink! Tell her thank you from all of us. :righton:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top