Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
A guy that my dad works with had got a Pokemon or some other cartoon criter a week before he started. My dad asked him if he regretted getting it.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
The new ink looks good, very detailed.

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
LOL. I read this as "my 15yr gets busted getting a tattoo".

Nice ink

·
:) :) :)
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It looks a lot better.

Not a tattoo guy but I appreciate good ink.

I was more of a Gundam kid.
Born in 81, so you know Robotech. I haven't watched any in some good 10+ years, but I still appreciate the style.

Growing up I watched a lot of Ranma 1/2 and later on stuff like Neon Genesis Evengelion and basically a bunch of other stuff you wouldn't find on American TV with subtitles.

Even by anime nerd standards, in our circle stuff like Pokemon and DBZ was considered pretty much garbage.

The most recent thing as an adult I can still stomach is more adult stuff like Cowboy Bebop and then with my kid I still enjoy classics like Porco Rosso or anything by Studio Ghibli.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I need to give Cowboy Bebop a try.

I'm not ashamed to admit I've began buying the bluray re-releases of the Gundam series. They have both the English and Japanese audio. It appears as if everything is being re-released so my inner child is quite happy.

It's interesting going back and watching it as an adult. The parallels to real war and the effects it has on humans (ie PTSD) I never caught onto as a child.

Even the original 0079. Thrusting a 15/16 year old into a war and forcing him to kill everyday? The sole defender of a ship full of innocents? It's deeper than I ever realized as a kid.

·
69,784 Posts
I have no clue what you people are even talking about. The entire thread reads like a foreign language. The pic in the OP, however, is easy enough to understand. A tattoo displaying his inner fairy princess.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Am I old because I don't understand tattoos, or do I not understand tattoos because I am old. I would have said I don't "get" tattoos, meaning "comprehend the idea of".

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,144 Posts
I just figure I am too great the way I am and need not additional decoration. Always worked so far.

Nemo

·
:) :) :)
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ive got more than i wish i did. But a little too late for regrets
Why the regrets? Ive been fascinated with them since before I turned 18. My only rule was no neck, no hands, no face, and nothing profane. Lots of interesting documentaries out there from Sailor Jerry to the Yakuza.

I'm currently working on full body like below, as indicated most of mine is traditional with a few modern pieces in there.

90% of my stuff is the typical dragon, koi, oni, foo dogs, lotus, cherry blossom, windbars, waves, etc etc

After my arm is fixed this is what my arms are transitioning into (mirror imagine each chest side colored)

Foo Dogs aka Guardian Lions

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
I appreciate nice ink, no tats though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts