My boss was robbed at gun point.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by glockgirl, May 21, 2007.

1. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

so my boss just told me she was robbed at gun point this weekend. She is definitely coming to the cookout in June now so ya'll be nice to her. I am trying to get her to start carrying.

She is fine but her friend was beaten up by the guy. This happend in TN so not sure if it is in the news there. I don't have all the details now but of course all she knows is it was a big black gun and a nondescript black guy.

I'll update if I find anything else out.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Glad she is okay...other than being scared. The incident didn't turn her anti did it? Kind of like, "if guns were banned this wouldn't have happened".

3. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

no her only concern is if she was carrying she would not have been able to get it out fast enough. but the guy had enough time to beat the crap out of her friend who was knocked to the ground and basically stomped to death and had her purse snatched. reason I don't carry a purse when I am out. all I need is $20 and a DL when i go out. I am cheap!

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Was this the 40yo?

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:shock: Is this hyperbole (I hope)?

6. Malum Prohibitum

Good reason not to carry a firearm in a purse instead of on the person.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Wait till she sees WTH do his quick draw!

8. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Damn! That's really too bad. I hope she learns from this, and the guy, and starts to carry. Ya never know when something bad might happen. I hope both are OK and I hope she comes with you on the 16th. I'm sure we'll be nice to her.

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

+1

I'm glad to hear that she's ok. If she comes on the 16th we'll be as nice a we can (but that's not always saying much). We'll try to behave anyway. 8)

10. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

yes ramm the 43 y/o.

I guess she yelled, cussed at him and ran off hence reason she is ok. mind you she is a TALL 6ft woman so no little thing. Her friend is ok now just pretty black and blue from where he was kicking her.

Freaked me out though... I was babysitting her teenagers this weekend. she was very nonchalant about it. I would have been freaking out still if it had been me or probably in jail from shooting him :twisted:

11. Dan H

Dan H New Member

damn... sorry to hear that...

12. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I hate it that your friends had to experience that. Hopefully she will come around and grasp the concept that self defense is truly in your own hands.

Situational awareness.....your "Spidey" senses if you will......If you are good you can spot trouble before it hits you on the side of the head with a brick or pulls out a Jennings on you. I have two options. If I "see" trouble then I will go to the Sig. If trouble sneaks up on me and is in very close, then my Kel-tec is lightning fast out of my front pocket. I know the .380 is lacking stopping power but at spitting distance I intend to fire until it goes click.

GG...Don't leave home without your pistola and your GFL either. :lol:

13. Sharky

Sharky New Member

PLease send thoughts to your friends. I hate men that pry on women. They need to pick on somebody their own size! (but rarely do) All women should be carrying.