Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sundrymourning.com/2007/04/19/under-fire/

Here's my comment in response to the other blog comments:
I agree with JB, it appears. So does my wife.

Guns are tools. They are tools for throwing little pieces of lead and copper at high speeds in relatively straight lines.

Nothing more, nothing less.

It so happens that they are the ONLY tools that puts a 100 pound woman on equal footing with a 250 pound man in a physical confrontation.

They are the only tools that let a wheelchair-bound man have a real opportunity to fight back against a gang of young criminals.

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing. With our current educational culture that teaches our young people to duck and cover, to give the mugger what he wants, to call 911 and wait for help and to just push the button on the blue campus emergency phones is teaching them to do just that, to do nothing in the face of evil.

Crime happens. It happens at home, it happens on the street, it happens at school. It ALWAYS will. There will ALWAYS be evil people willing to harm other people to get what they want.

The police, most likely, will not be able to help you. They take many vital minutes (at best) to respond and they are under NO legal obligation to provide protection for any individual. Their job is to protect “the community†at large…and to arrive after the fact to collect reports and evidence.

We, as responsible citizens, owe it to ourselves, our families and our communities to FIGHT BACK against evil every time it rears it ugly head. Self defense is a basic human right.

You (the anti-gun commenters here and elsewhere) may not want to use a gun to defend yourself. That’s fine, it’s your choice. But don’t dare tell me that I will be safer by letting the government take away my most effective tool for defense.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

MZ are you thinking about running for an office?

The tool discription is very correct.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
S&W 40 said:
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

MZ are you thinking about running for an office?

The tool discription is very correct.
Nicely said and I like S&W's question. We really need someone in Fulton Cty to run against Pinkie for Probate Judge. So, hows about it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts