Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/WWII ... Rifle.html

Sounds like a great deal! I am moving in two weeks and I don't know how long it will take the ATF to process my change of address on my C&R. Might be my last chance for a month or two!

8mm ammo is pretty cheap. Mauser action is da bomb. Summertime means I'll hit up more outdoor ranges... sounds like the perfect storm!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
foshizzle said:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/WWII_German_K98_8mm_Mauser_Rifle.html

Sounds like a great deal! I am moving in two weeks and I don't know how long it will take the ATF to process my change of address on my C&R. Might be my last chance for a month or two!

8mm ammo is pretty cheap. Mauser action is da bomb. Summertime means I'll hit up more outdoor ranges... sounds like the perfect storm!
hehe, I already have one....

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,863 Posts
foshizzle said:
Impressions? Worth 209.95? Any good local source for cheap ammo? Accuracy?

I've never shot one. :oops:
I haven't shot one that late. I have an 1891 Argentine Mauser. My 1891 fires like new and is more accurate than anyone I know that has fired it. It's my understanding that 8mm Mauser is fairly readily available.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Impressions? Worth 209.95? Any good local source for cheap ammo? Accuracy? I've never shot one. :oops:
Considering that they used to sell them for around $169 and ammo was $79.90 for 760 rounds, and now ammo is.... the price isn't too bad

·
hu huh, you said "Member"
585 Posts
8mm Mauser surplus stuff is getting harder to find..... which surprises me.

Those K98's from AIM are very tempting, yes. Too bad they have been neutered (missing sight hoods, cleaning rods, and the trigger guard lock screws). Oh well, Numrich is your friend :)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
98 Mausers are great. I'd get the K98 because of the shorter barrell and the history.

I've shot a few 98 Mausers, fun. I've got a Turkish one with a longer barrell(too long).
I have one that my Dad brought home from the war!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts