Muslim Shoots Jews - Has a Firearms License?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Most of you have heard about this nutjob representative of the "religion of peace" who shot up the Jewish center in Seattle. Some of you may have heard that he had a firearms license.

Is this true?

Well, this news story http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... web29.html says:

"The law-enforcement source said Haq had a license to carry a concealed weapon, though not the weapon that was used in the shootings."

Most of you probably know that states in the Pacific northwest do not register guns and therefore the license has no relationship to any firearm. The license in Washington does not identify the firearm to be carried. This casts doubt on the claim of a firearm license. THe law enforcement source is not named.

He had a charge of lewd conduct pending at the time of the shooting. Can one have a license with such a charge pending?

2. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

One ought to be able to have a license with any charge pending. I don't understand how the government can purport to deny a benefit to anyone because he has been accused but not convicted of a crime.

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I would imagine it is done the same way as when they take someones drivers license on a DUI charge before they even go to court....

Just playing Devils Advocate here... :evil:

4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

But, you do get due process in the DUI context. It is not just the accusation that gets your DL suspended. For GFLs, you just plain are ineligible because of the accusation.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Lettuce knot stray two far from the topic at hand.

Does any won no weather 1 May re-sieve a fire arm license in Washington with such disabilities?

6. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Okay, okay.

"Lewd conduct" does not seem to be the name of an offense in WA. There is something called "maintaining a moral nuisance," RCW 7.48A.040, which is a civil offense for which one can receive a fine. In the definition of "moral nuisance," there is discussion of conduct that is lewd.

Maintaining a moral nuisance for a profit is a felony.

Being under accusation for a felony would prevent you from getting a CCW, but the civil offense would not.

7. Malum Prohibitum

And so, what it the reaction? Arm the defenseless victims? NO! MORE GUN CONTROL!

Link to one year anniversary story

8. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

BS!

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

BS x 2...they do run checks...it isn't any different than buying at a store in my experience.

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It's been my experience that the majority of sales at gun shows are sold by dealers with background checks being done.

My guess would be that the person who said this reads all of their Brady e-mails and has never even seen a gun show taking place, let alone gone to one.

11. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Well the leaders of the Brady BS and HGI certainly have seen a gun show. They certainly know that every dealer-person sale has 4473 associated with it.

They know the lies they are telling, and their followers trust them enough to have no need to find out on their own.

They DO want to end private transfers but by calling it the gun show loophole they get to kill two birds with one stone. I seem to remember that most gun show loophole closing laws included restrictions on holding the gun show, not just requiring that every transfer occur on a 4473.