MUSCOGEE COUNTY

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by glocked_n_loaded, Mar 16, 2006.

1. glocked_n_loaded

glocked_n_loaded New Member

Anyone had any experiences with Muscogee County lately..... my wife and i are at 91 days waiting for out GFL.... just wondering how long this should take... we called today and they said no news yet.... we will call you when we hear back from GBI. can this take just as long as they want to????

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

not supposed to, but yes it does in some counties. Some counties can follow the law, some can't. It is just fingerpointing as to the reason, and I have so far been convinced it is not the GBI causing any delays.

Though I should know more very soon.

3. glocked_n_loaded

thanks GS1... i guess i will just have to wait.... i will keep you posted on how long it takes.......

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Will keep an eye out for it. It can also be emailed to me by using the submittal form

5. glocked_n_loaded

96 DAYS AND STILL COUNTING.... called today and was given the old faithful "nothing back on GBI or FBI report yet" and "we will call you"
    i told her that they were well over the 60 day limit... and she says " sir.. the law gives 90 days!!! and we are only 5 days late" to which i replied " no ma'am.... georgia statute 16-11-129 gives the county 60 days and i have let it stretch out to 90, trying to comply with your county policy... but now you are over that time" she replied" well!!.... i will talk to the judge when she comes in and ask her if she will sign it... but i doubt that she will"
    that is where i thanked her for her help and i will call again tomorrow.

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Good job. That is the way to handle it.

7. Hedge

Hedge New Member

Glocked,

when I applied for my permit (Sept. 2004), the probate court people said it was taking between 60 and 90 days. I checked in at 60 and 90 days, and was told it was still processing (background checking). I called again a couple of weeks later, and was told the same thing, at which point I pointed out that I was told 60-90 days, and inquired if there was a problem, or was the backlog that bad. She stated she would check into it, and called me back an hour later, telling me to come get my permit.

Keith

8. glocked_n_loaded

update: 104 days and counting....nothing yet..... im going to give them this week off.... i think i made them mad last week.... i will wait until next monday to check again

9. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Dude that's awful. You should ask them what they did to piss off the GBI and FBI. Gwinnett must be on the preffered issue list, both my wife and I got ours in less than 38 days. I got mine in eleven with Electronic Fingerprinting, and she took 38 days with ink. That was from Feb 22nd to April 1st.

10. glocked_n_loaded

110 DAYS... GETTING A BIT RIDICULOUS... but what choice do i have.... like they said at the probate court.... just wait.... going to call again wednesday at 90 days 3weeks..... sheesh......im to the point of just not venturing far away from my truck if i can help it....

11. glocked_n_loaded

119 days... called today and she said GBI was back and just waiting on final FBI report to come back.... she said to give another week and if still not back then she would talk to judge about signing it based upon GBI report... so hopefully i will have it in a week or so..... yippeeeee!!!!!

12. glocked_n_loaded

125 days.... called today and was told all paperwork was back... but judge was not in to review and sign permit. so hopefully judge will be there tomorrow and sign my permit and then i can go and pick it up real soon..... this is just unfinished business and that gets to me.

still holding my breath in georgia!!!!

13. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What did you expect? I mean, it was Wednesday, right? We don't want the judge to overwork himself . . . after all, yesterday was only a little more than two months after the law says he should have signed it! Man, you are impatient.

All that signing could lead to carpal tunnel or something . . .

Government employees . . .
    :shakehead:

If they knock out their work too quickly, they might have to quit complaining about their budgets.

14. glocked_n_loaded

well...well.... today judge's secretary was off, so day 127, 128 and 129 will pass ..... hopefully day 130 will be the day. turning way blue here been holding my breath for a while.

15. Malum Prohibitum

They could keep this up for years!

I bet I could get away with not filing a timely answer to a complaint because my secretary had the day off . . . or it is Wednesday and I just don't feel like working that hard . . . or I just have too much "other" work to do . . .

Might try that argument for not showing up for traffic tickets, too.

The arrogance of local officials never ceases to amaze me. It really pushes over the line into hubris.

16. Malum Prohibitum

At this point I would write them a letter explaining the 60 day requirement and what has transpired just to make myself feel better.

There is nothing in OCGA 16-11-129(d) about secretaries' off days or "today the judge just is not signing" or anything else of the kind.

I would just want something on paper.

[-o<

17. glocked_n_loaded

well...day 130 passed... and i called today and was told that teh judge hassn't made her decison on it yet..... i didnt realize that there was a decision to be made. they have my record. it is clean i personally carried the court certified paperwork up there showing where teh one arrest i had in 1997 was dropped and abandoned ( BS domestic charge). I was told that all teh required paperwork was returned from GBI and FBI last wednesday and still i cant get any service.... im thinking about calling up there and making an appointment with the judge and when i arrive for my appointment asking her to review and sign during my appointment time.

18. Malum Prohibitum

That was going to be my suggestion even before I read this far into your post. :wink:

19. glocked_n_loaded

the only thing that makes me leery of this is... if i have bugged them to the point that they are sitting on it just to get my goat then the day i make the appointment (which would be 2-3 weeks i bet) they will sign my wife's permit that day and make me wait until my appointment time. my wife filed at the same time as i did. so i think im just going to quietly wait a few days longer day 131 gone and looking forward to day 132......

20. glocked_n_loaded

day 140 has come and gone and still i sit here without my GFL... i think i may have made the folks at probate mad at me.... they called last week and told my wife that hers was ready (she applied on same day as i did). They are sitting on mine because i think that i irritated teh girl there by calling so much..... so who knows how long she will make me wait.... if she is trying to make a point... then she made it.

MP or GS... is there anything i can do .... anyone i can talk to... or am i just doomed to wait.. and pay for my impatience???