Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Re: MP's thread about spped limits on I-16 got me thinking

One more incident where LEO's think they are above the law and don't have to follow it. As far as Laurens county goes........Give Sheriff Harrell a call, he is a real down to earth guy and I don't think he would stand for a transport deputy driving like that.
If you want or need his number I can get it for you.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Shatho said:
Every morning I drive 30 miles on I-16 going to work in Savannah. I usually travel around 80 mph. I get passed by Chatham county peace officers (deputies and officers) like I am standing still. This morning it was a Laurens County deputy. They were doing at least 100 - no lights, no sirens and weaving in and out of traffic. Last Thursday an unmarked Chatham police car with four officers inside was harassing everyone that tried to pass him as he did 72 in the left hand lane all the way to Savannah from Hwy. 280. He would speed up trying to block them in and if they managed to get in front of him anyway, he would turn on his blue lights until they got back over then pass them and resume his 72 mph. He did this at least 15 times. I rode behind him the whole time (and got brake checked several times for my trouble). He lit me up twice before he slammed on his brakes. This is the only picture I got and it's pretty crappy. He is brake checking me while I am several car lengths back - I think he saw my camera flash.

All I can say is this fool was not GSP.......don't dial 911, dial *GSP and demand that a Trooper intervene....you have that right.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Don't wait to call until everybody forgets who these four jackasses are. If you call today, they will know who they are . . .
MP is correct on that one.......hmmmm, I think i will send the good Sherriff an email and tell him about the site here.....could you imagine getting back to the Office after going to savannah.............
"Deputy Dufuss, I need to see you in my office...NOW"
"Yis Sir"
"I was reading the forum this morning and read this............."

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I am sorry if I over stepped any bounds here but I just emailed the SO here in Laurens County and gave the link to this thread.
there is a bunch of good guys at that department.
I believe it will be taken seriouse due to an accident that that was cause by a deputy running excesive speeds without lights or sirens resulting in the deputy getting killed if I remember correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.