Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
State Police will cite for two miles over the speed limit. Everybody else may or may not grant you 10 miles per hour.

There's a stretch between Harlem and Ft. Gordon upon which officers regularly blow my doors off, even though I'm doing near 65 mph. I have no doubt but what they are doing 75-80. What can I do. I have called in the unit number, and never got a response. EMTs and Firemen are also frequent offenders. They seem to know their "brothers" won't pull them over. I reported the driver of a firetruck after he abused the use of his siren and lights to run a red light, and almost broadsided me as I had the green! The driver quickly turned off the lights after running the intersection, and resumed "normal" speed. He even stopped, behind other cars, at the next intersection.

So, how does a citizen make an arrest when they can't actually stop the idiots involved?

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
legacy38 said:
CountryGun said:
State Police will cite for two miles over the speed limit. Everybody else may or may not grant you 10 miles per hour.

There's a stretch between Harlem and Ft. Gordon upon which officers regularly blow my doors off, even though I'm doing near 65 mph. I have no doubt but what they are doing 75-80. What can I do. I have called in the unit number, and never got a response. EMTs and Firemen are also frequent offenders. They seem to know their "brothers" won't pull them over. I reported the driver of a firetruck after he abused the use of his siren and lights to run a red light, and almost broadsided me as I had the green! The driver quickly turned off the lights after running the intersection, and resumed "normal" speed. He even stopped, behind other cars, at the next intersection.

So, how does a citizen make an arrest when they can't actually stop the idiots involved?
I just can't help myself. There is no State Police in GA; so, they can't cite you for anything.
Forgive me, "Georgia State Patrol."

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
riggz said:
CountryGun said:
I reported the driver of a firetruck after he abused the use of his siren and lights to run a red light, and almost broadsided me as I had the green! The driver quickly turned off the lights after running the intersection, and resumed "normal" speed. He even stopped, behind other cars, at the next intersection.
I can't say since I wasn't there, but there are many times I am driving a fire engine and get dispatched to a call, only to be canceled seconds later. Not saying the case, but it does happen quite often.
Worth noting, "riggz." Thanks for the post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.