Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
I tested an idea recently because I was pretty sure the outcome would be annoying but would not cost me any money.

I learned that if you pace a certain Gwinnett Co officer going 5 over (50 in a 45) he does not like it and will pull you over and give you his opinion! There were about 20 cars behind him and I was beside him pacing him dead even. At one moment I may have nudged up a hood length. He dropped back and lit me up just as I was pulling into QT. Told me it wasn't a good idea to pass a officer that was going 5 over the limit. He even told me he had his cruise set to 50. I know he wasn't lying because I did too.
He was very friendly about the whole thing and we chatted for a bit about my truck. I got a verbal warning obviously. My daughter in the back seat asked if I was going to jail.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I was told by a Suwanee PO a while back that Gwinnett can't do tickets for less than 10 over. I've read that and heard that many times also. I don't know how true it is.
I think it was a case of "he's got the balls (or lack of brains) to pace me?!?" He was really friendly though! And no mention of weapons came up. And neither of us shot anyone that I am aware of.

And as far as the original topic.. I took a trip to Savannah last weekend. I noticed a similar thing on I-16 once each way. And I love that couple of miles stretch of cones blocking off a lane each way with not a piece of equipment in sight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.