Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,895 Posts
jasonb said:
I was told by a Suwanee PO a while back that Gwinnett can't do tickets for less than 10 over. I've read that and heard that many times also. I don't know how true it is.
I think it was a case of "he's got the balls (or lack of brains) to pace me?!?" He was really friendly though! And no mention of weapons came up. And neither of us shot anyone that I am aware of.

And as far as the original topic.. I took a trip to Savannah last weekend. I noticed a similar thing on I-16 once each way. And I love that couple of miles stretch of cones blocking off a lane each way with not a piece of equipment in sight.
ask and you receive...locals can pace though just no radar for less than 10mph... http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/200 ... -14-8.html no one can but the people listed in the exceptions and the locals for certain areas

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,895 Posts
Savvy Jack said:
freeman101 said:
O.C.G.A 40-14-18

Does not apply to GSP

40-14-8. (a) No county, city, or campus officer shall be allowed to make a case based on the use of any speed detection device, unless the speed of the vehicle exceeds the posted speed limit by more than ten miles per hour and no conviction shall be had thereon unless such speed is more than ten miles per hour above the posted speed limit. (b) The limitations contained in subsection (a) of this Code section shall not apply in properly marked school zones one hour before, during, and one hour after the normal hours of school operation, in properly marked historic districts, and in properly marked residential zones. For purposes of this chapter, thoroughfares with speed limits of 35 miles per hour or more shall not be considered residential districts.
Was asking questions today at work. My boss's son was pulled over in Cairo, Ga for doing 52 in a 45. Pulled over by city police. He was ordered to take a class. Sooooo was this bogub BS because the law was unknown??
did he raise it as a defense??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.