Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
freeman101 said:
O.C.G.A 40-14-18

Does not apply to GSP

40-14-8. (a) No county, city, or campus officer shall be allowed to make a case based on the use of any speed detection device, unless the speed of the vehicle exceeds the posted speed limit by more than ten miles per hour and no conviction shall be had thereon unless such speed is more than ten miles per hour above the posted speed limit. (b) The limitations contained in subsection (a) of this Code section shall not apply in properly marked school zones one hour before, during, and one hour after the normal hours of school operation, in properly marked historic districts, and in properly marked residential zones. For purposes of this chapter, thoroughfares with speed limits of 35 miles per hour or more shall not be considered residential districts.
Was asking questions today at work. My boss's son was pulled over in Cairo, Ga for doing 52 in a 45. Pulled over by city police. He was ordered to take a class. Sooooo was this bogub BS because the law was unknown??

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
legacy38 said:
One more time:

There are exceptions to the 10MPH rule and speed detection devices. Start at 40-14-1 OCGA and go from there.
I briefly read through them and his description did not fall under any of those exceptions....that I saw. I will try to spend more time reading and understanding it.

Thanks Legacy!

Well dang....I can't get the codes on line!!! Anyone got a good link?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.