Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Don't wait to call until everybody forgets who these four jackasses are. If you call today, they will know who they are . . .

Using lights in a non-emergency, nontraffic stop

Unmarked car using its lights

Brake checking? Bad enough to be an assault? Go take an arrest warrant from the magistrate. They have to show up at a hearing for that. I should think that would get some attention.

If departments would simply fire people like this, we would have a lot fewer issues with law enforcement. That will not happen, of course. Let us know what happens.
First, I second the notion that it should be taken to the respective agency with haste.

As for taking out a warrant, an identity would be needed for the application. Listing "some guy driving a blue car" wouldn't be sufficient. :wink:

I don't think "break checking" would be sufficient PC on its own for a charge of assault. All the guy would have to say is that he saw traffic ahead of him stopping so he hit his breaks or that he did so to avoid a vehicle changing lanes.

What is described would sound more like aggressive driving rather than assault. I don't know about Chatham County, but in my experience the Magistrate Court would refer a warrant application for a traffic charge to whatever court hears 40 code cases in that jurisdiction. Here it would be the Probate Court. At the old place it would have been Municipal Court.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
CountryGun said:
State Police will cite for two miles over the speed limit. Everybody else may or may not grant you 10 miles per hour.

There's a stretch between Harlem and Ft. Gordon upon which officers regularly blow my doors off, even though I'm doing near 65 mph. I have no doubt but what they are doing 75-80. What can I do. I have called in the unit number, and never got a response. EMTs and Firemen are also frequent offenders. They seem to know their "brothers" won't pull them over. I reported the driver of a firetruck after he abused the use of his siren and lights to run a red light, and almost broadsided me as I had the green! The driver quickly turned off the lights after running the intersection, and resumed "normal" speed. He even stopped, behind other cars, at the next intersection.

So, how does a citizen make an arrest when they can't actually stop the idiots involved?
I just can't help myself. There is no State Police in GA; so, they can't cite you for anything.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
For those that want to read through all of the laws on the use of speed detection, start with 40-14-1 O.C.G.A. and read through the rest of the chapter. There are places where the 10mph rule are in effect and places were it isn't. Also, it applies to some peace officer, but it doesn't apply to others.

Speed detection devices aren't the only way to make a speeding case.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
CountryGun said:
legacy38 said:
CountryGun said:
State Police will cite for two miles over the speed limit. Everybody else may or may not grant you 10 miles per hour.

There's a stretch between Harlem and Ft. Gordon upon which officers regularly blow my doors off, even though I'm doing near 65 mph. I have no doubt but what they are doing 75-80. What can I do. I have called in the unit number, and never got a response. EMTs and Firemen are also frequent offenders. They seem to know their "brothers" won't pull them over. I reported the driver of a firetruck after he abused the use of his siren and lights to run a red light, and almost broadsided me as I had the green! The driver quickly turned off the lights after running the intersection, and resumed "normal" speed. He even stopped, behind other cars, at the next intersection.

So, how does a citizen make an arrest when they can't actually stop the idiots involved?
I just can't help myself. There is no State Police in GA; so, they can't cite you for anything.
Forgive me, "Georgia State Patrol."
If you think I'm touchy about the "d" word, refer to one of them as the State Police.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.