Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at American Classic Marksman yesterday, shooting my XD and met this guy who let me shoot his "never been fired" full auto MP5.

Awesome! :shock:

That is all...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still can't believe what it costs to acquire a full auto machine gun. When he told me my jaw dropped. But I did confess that I would rather have one of those then say a new car :D

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
No kidding, I STILL kick myself when I turned down the chance to buy a MAC-10 all because the tax cost almost exactly what the MAC did. Memory's fuzzy but I remember it wasn't much less than the MAC, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fallschirmjäger said:
No kidding, I STILL kick myself when I turned down the chance to buy a MAC-10 all because the tax cost almost exactly what the MAC did. Memory's fuzzy but I remember it wasn't much less than the MAC, that's for sure.
Yeah, one of the guys that works there had a MAC-10, twas nice! :D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Well, they stopped registering them 21 years ago, unless your friend was using a government gun.
It was not full auto originally, he had to put in a Sear (Spelling?) and all the other internals to make it full auto and that was the $$$ part.

I noticed it only had the selector for full auto or semi auto. I didnt see the selection for the three round burst which I thought came standard on these.

I am not that knowledgeable on the MP5, other than the fact that I think they are very cool and I would love to have one.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I rented one a couple of months ago at a range in Athens. Between the range time, full auto MP5 rental, targets and ammo it came to about $40.

100 rounds of 9mm went by pretty quick (of course, it took forever to load that 30 round magazine when you're used to loading handgun magazines :lol: )

So I spent $40 bucks in less than 10 minutes, but it sure was worth it!! :uzi:

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I wish we didn't have a jacked up government that actually allowed citizens to own any firearm the way it should be. Forget paying a tax stamp to own something we have the right to own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts