MP5

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Dan H, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Dan H

Dan H New Member

I was at American Classic Marksman yesterday, shooting my XD and met this guy who let me shoot his "never been fired" full auto MP5.

Awesome! :shock:

That is all...

2. Dan H

Dan H New Member

I still can't believe what it costs to acquire a full auto machine gun. When he told me my jaw dropped. But I did confess that I would rather have one of those then say a new car :D

3. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

No kidding, I STILL kick myself when I turned down the chance to buy a MAC-10 all because the tax cost almost exactly what the MAC did. Memory's fuzzy but I remember it wasn't much less than the MAC, that's for sure.

4. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Yeah, one of the guys that works there had a MAC-10, twas nice! :D

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

6. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Never been fired, sorry...

I believe they stopped making them a while back....

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, they stopped registering them 21 years ago, unless your friend was using a government gun.

8. Dan H

Dan H New Member

It was not full auto originally, he had to put in a Sear (Spelling?) and all the other internals to make it full auto and that was the $$$ part.

I noticed it only had the selector for full auto or semi auto. I didnt see the selection for the three round burst which I thought came standard on these.

I am not that knowledgeable on the MP5, other than the fact that I think they are very cool and I would love to have one.

9. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

It had a RDIAS (registered drop in auto sear).

10. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

I rented one a couple of months ago at a range in Athens. Between the range time, full auto MP5 rental, targets and ammo it came to about $40.

100 rounds of 9mm went by pretty quick (of course, it took forever to load that 30 round magazine when you're used to loading handgun magazines :lol: )

So I spent $40 bucks in less than 10 minutes, but it sure was worth it!! :uzi:

11. Lightsped

Lightsped Guest

I had to support this MP5 by the magazine, instead of the handguard due to excessive heat from the barrel.

But yeah, they are fun to play with aren't they?

[​IMG]

12. jason1

jason1 New Member

I want one :cry:

I would love for it to be legal again to make them from new parts and pay the tax Darn it.Because I was born in 1982 and couldn't buy one at the age of 4. :lol:

13. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I wish we didn't have a jacked up government that actually allowed citizens to own any firearm the way it should be. Forget paying a tax stamp to own something we have the right to own.