Moving back to Georgia!

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by AV8R, Apr 16, 2007.

1. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Well guess what? We will be moving back to Georgia some time this summer/early fall. I've upgraded to Captain and now have the luxury of living pretty much wherever I want. We miss Northern Georgia terribly!

I lived in Forsyth county before and will likely move back to Forsyth county or possibly Dawson county. Having moved out of and then back to Georgia, will I have to do anything with respect to my GFL other than renew it when that time comes? I don't think I do, but?

It's going to be HEAVEN to be able to carry again without breaking draconian (NY State) laws.

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Welcome back! Do you carry during your flights? I hear that there is so much red tape for airline pilots to carry that it discourages many from doing so.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Welcome back, AV8R!

Some things have changed in Forsyth since you left!

As to your license, I would not touch it or do anything until renewal time.

4. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I touch mine all the time :oops:

5. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Doc,

I can't even apply for FFDO because my 27,100 lb. airplane is not heavy enough, which is total BS. :bsflag: That's yet another one of those arbitrary rules that the TSA are so famous for. If someone happened to slit my throat and try to turn my airplane into a flying weapon, they could do considerable damage to property and persons, and create a butt-load of terror, too. But for now, I carry only Guns-n-Ammo and some NRA mags with me. The TSA monkeys at a few airports questioned me about those mags. Standing there in my uniform, in front of passengers and other TSA thugs, I tell them to mind their own business. I love the shocked looks on their faces! Someday one of them is gonna escalate, but that's all good, too. ;)

Geez, I just want to be able to go to the %@*#*@ range whenever I want with MY firearms. The only range time I am getting is while out on the road with rental pistols. I think I'll celebrate my return by getting a .45!

6. Malum Prohibitum

Really? :? What did they ask?

I carried THIS with me last time I flew, and it did not create any stir. I also spent hours during the flight editing a GCO article.

Oh, and I was open carrying an empty holster, so that I could load up immediately upon arrival at my destination while still on airport property (where such conduct is fully legal . . .).

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

You wore a holster in the Hartsfield airport and were not raped by TSA?

8. Malum Prohibitum

I don't know that they even noticed, other than they guy who was checking my bags and could not follow my simple instructions or the TSA regulations.

I politely but firmly walked him through it.

He protested until I informed him that I had a copy of the regulations with me and offered to show it to him.

Then he complied, but he still tried to put the gun in the unlocked portion of the luggage!

"Sir," ignore, "Sir," ignore, "Sir!" He finally turns around from trying to put the luggage on the conveyor belt. "What?"

"Please put it in the locked portion of the luggage, where you got it."

"Oh . . ."

:roll:

Then a retired Florida policeman who was sharing the flight pointed at my belt as I sat down, "Forgot something?" and grinned. :D

"Cellphone?" I asked, and grinned back. :lol:

We had a neat conversation about concealed carry. He is covered by HR 218.

9. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Most just ask me over and over if I have any weapons or contraband. I always say, "I have weapons [insert long pause] at home." When their faces get confused or contorted I follow up with a quick and stern, "May I go now?"

Any further questions and I reply, "I have no weapons, may I go now?" and that usually shuts them up... probably because I say it loudly. One time in Dallas-Ft. Worth airport I got asked "Do you have anything else I need to know about?" I said yes, opened my suitcase and showed him my Boston's Gun Bible. He just looked at me with this blank, stupid stare.

The thing is, I'm in uniform with my company badge. I've been through two extensive background checks to be entered into CASS (Cockpit Access Security System). I have a US passpport, Driver's license, and pilot's license. And with all this they are going to give me **** about a couple of NRA mags? I mean, damn... they just let me through with enough shampoo and hair gel to blow up a 747 and they are threatened by periodicals?

One day my smart-assed mouth is gonna land me in a TSA supervisors office, but that's not a big deal really. I just can't respect some TSA idiot that probably has a rap sheet, and decides to give me grief like that. NO RESPECT.

10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I generally conceal my gun mags from my fellow employees. Many of them are bleeding heart libtards. I read them when I have time to myself. Well, it is great to know that only the best and the brightest are working at TSA to keep our sky safe! :shock:

11. Malum Prohibitum

AV8R, don't forget to click on the big blue banner at the bottom of every page!

12. merlock

merlock New Member

AV8R,

When you get back, should we consider you a yankee? :p :lol:

BTW, welcome home!

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I was born and raised in California...am I a yankee?

14. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Yep. :lol:

15. merlock

merlock New Member

I was, too. I've been told for 22 years that I'm a yankee...

OTOH, I've met people from Valdosta that say anyone from Tifton is yankee... :?

16. Dan H

Dan H New Member

I was born and raised in CA as well and I was told that I am not a yankee, I'm not much of anything...

17. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Well Ramm that may depend. Where you born is Southern Cali?

18. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

I may not have been born in the South but I got here as soon as I could.

:D

Saw this on a pick-up with Ill plates

19. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Orange County. Southeast of LA.