Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ksbitv.com/news/MWC-Mom-Shoo ... 51598.html

The woman called her husband who works at Tinker Air Force Base, to ask if there had been an earthquake in the area. When he told her there were no reported quakes, she retrieved a handgun, found the two suspects in her living room and opened fire.
Chief Clabes said it will be up to District Attorney David Prater to decide whether or not to press charges against the woman, saying this is an open and closed case and that the woman acted within her rights under the "Make My Day Law."
I hope that's a common nickname for their law and not the reporter's douchey touch.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
WAY TO GO MOM! That 1 bad guy will think twice before he does that again (if he lives). The other can't think about anything any more. Chalk up 1 for the good gals.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,820 Posts
Momma Bear did a great job protecting herself and her cubs! :righton:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
AV8R said:
I hope that's a common nickname for their law and not the reporter's douchey touch.
Castle Doctrines are legislated by state, and not all states in the US have a Castle Doctrine. The term "Make My Day Law" comes from the landmark 1985 Colorado statute that protects people from any criminal charge or civil suit if they use force â€" including deadly force â€" against an invader of the home.[2] The law's nickname is a reference to the famous line uttered by Clint Eastwood's character Harry Callahan in the 1983 film Sudden Impact, "Go ahead, make my day."
link

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mountainpass said:
AV8R said:
Castle Doctrines are legislated by state, and not all states in the US have a Castle Doctrine. The term "Make My Day Law" comes from the landmark 1985 Colorado statute that protects people from any criminal charge or civil suit if they use force â€" including deadly force â€" against an invader of the home.[2] The law's nickname is a reference to the famous line uttered by Clint Eastwood's character Harry Callahan in the 1983 film Sudden Impact, "Go ahead, make my day."
link
Ah ha. Thanks!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Good story, this is the kind of thing that I like to hear about. I personally don't think stories like this get enough attention. There is a tendency in the media to focus on negative stories, intended to make gun ownership look like a bad thing. If more people knew how many people have successfully defended themselves using a firearm maybe there would be more support for our second ammendment right.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Screw states that don't have castle doctrines, and that believe homeowners have a "duty to retreat". That's the stupidest, most cowardly thing I could imagine. You mean to tell me, I can't defend myself in my own home? That a crook can break in, and as long as he doesn't corner me and give me no possible way out, he's perfectly safe? That's all it really is. If I have to retreat in the safety of my own home, then my home isn't safe. But it's safe for crooks!

I want the message to be this: You break into my home and you should expect to go home in a box. If I wake up and find you rummaging around in my kitchen at 2AM, I'm going to shoot first and ask questions later. And the law will absolutely have my back on this.

To send any other message is pathetically cowardly. My post right here would probably make liberals puke due to their "humanity" and their "compassion", but so what? You know what's worse than a home invader being gunned down in cold blood? ME being gunned down in cold blood. No self-proclaimed liberal I've ever spoken to has been able to respond to that simple logic. Maybe they think that no one has to die and that the half naked crackhead ripping my Sony off the wall mounts can actually be negotiated with. We will never know.

As for the mother, I sincerely thank her for having the courage to defend her family and my tax dollars. :righton:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Great job Mama Bear! :righton:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts