Mother Robbed at Her Child's School!

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 25, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Oh, if only this robber had known about OCGA 16-11-127.1, making it illegal to have a firearm in a "School Safety Zone," this never would have happened!

:roll:

Mom robbed outside elementary school
    May 20, 2006
    Savannah Morning News

Local police are looking for a man who robbed a mother at gunpoint as she picked up her daughter from school.

The woman and her daughter were walking to their car outside Heard Elementary School about 10:40 a.m. Friday when a tan four-door car stopped in front of them, according to a Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police report.

The driver approached the mother and child, and ordered the woman to hand over her purse. The robber pointed a black pistol and continued to ask for the purse, the report states.

The robber took the purse, climbed into his car and sped off toward Waters Avenue, according to the report.

The mother and child were not hurt.

Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at 651-6728 or CrimeStoppers at 234-2020.

Link to story

http://savannahnow.com/login.shtml?orq: ... 0315.shtml

2. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Maybe he was picking up or dropping off a student, and just needed some gas money.

3. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Haha

The robber pointed a black pistol... Well that narrows it down :shock:

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Maybe it was you . . . where were you on Friday?

Seriously, though, does this not once again demonstrate how ridiculous these public gathering laws are?

:shakehead:

5. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Any guesses to what type of gun it could be? :-k

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I am glad she narrowed it down... Ruger, Glock, Springfield Armory, Colt, Smith and Wesson, H & K, Kahr, Walther, Taurus, Beretta, and pretty much every other maker of firearms.

7. ber950

ber950 Active Member

We need to keep a list of these reports to show our reps next year. :wink:

8. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I heard a report today on Fox New Channel about a woman who got both arms chopped off with a machetti sp?. Her ex husband who she had a restraining order out on broke into her house and attacked her and left her for dead.

I guess he decided not to follow the restraining order :shock: go figure. Maybe if she had a firearm and the training she could have defended herself.

I saw it this morning but can't find it on Foxnews.com

9. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

He must have been against the second ammendment as he violated her rights to keep and bear arms...

OK, Sorry I know bad and tasteless joke but I couldn't restrain myself...