Most Interesting Analysis of NRA

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Nemo, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

along with the views and arguments of others here, has me thinking a bit. And some arguments on ways to correct it. Go read the entire article before you comment please.

Nemo

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/10/nra-now-ever/

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Just no. GOA and SAF for me.

3. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

"No comment". :mrgreen:

What that article states is pretty much what I have thought all along. And not because of any articles I have read. Just from simple observation of the NRA mode of operation.

What disgusts me most about them, and especially Frenchie boy (I despise that man), is that if he (and their other suits) were doing it for "the cause", they would do it for a very handsome compensation of a couple hundred thou a year. Not millions. Their talents should most certainly be compensated. Up to a point, a reasonable point.

But the gun control battle is a very profitable business. The NRA tangles the web such that they make the most money. Their prime agenda is not to educate people on guns and make it easier for everyone to own and carry guns. Their prime agenda is to make astronomical sums of money. Greed. Plain and simple. It's the American way.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton types keep racism alive and well because is makes them huge sums of money. Many of us are disgusted about that. The NRA does a similar thing, with somewhat similar tactics. And we look the other way, only because they happen to be fighting on our side. I try to not be a hypocrite. But I don't always succeed at that.

4. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

Different organizations fight the fight in different ways. I support multiple groups in multiple ways.

Gaggling geese sound like, gaggling geese.

5. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

And some surrender your rights and then attempt to reverse course as a fundraising ploy.

6. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Reminds me of an abusive spouse, except this one's about money. That makes gun owners an abused spouse.

I just stopped taking the punches. Refuse to be a victim.

How long did Georgia residents have to suffer when they couldn't carry into South Carolina because of NRA mandatory training requirements?

That right there was enough proof for me.

7. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

Maybe the 12 remaining members of this forum can get together and take a firm stand on national issues.

8. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

The problem with the NRA is LaPierre and Cox. The problem with LaPierre and Cox is the Board of Directors who appoint them. The problem with the Board of Directors is the less-than 10% of the membership willing to get off their asses and vote for directors. If there was more membership participation, maybe they'd have more directors who really understand what "shall not be infringed" means instead of what mostly passes as a good ol' boys club.

9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

As much as I disagree with a lot of what the NRA does and says, I'll continue to support it with my annual dues, as well as several other gun rights groups, because it's still the only 900 lb gorilla in the room.

Taurus92 likes this.