Most Disgusting Spam Eva

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by adcurt, Oct 30, 2007.

1. adcurt

adcurt New Member

We all receive these things, but this is the first one I've received from "an American soldier in Iraq."

This really pisses me off. I am forwarding it on to a buddy at the pentagon so he can make someone aware that it's out there. Funniest thing about it is that it's from "army", but he wants you to respond to a Russian email address. Classic.

If you guys know of any consumer groups who would be interested in it feel free to send it along. I tried Clark Howard, but he doesn't seem to be taking emails anymore. Go figure:

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

3. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

What pisses me off almost as much as the crooks who do this stuff are the dopes dumb enough to fall for it.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

What If

So what would the con-artist do if you replied with a P.O. box and said "Mail me as much money as you want to send. I'll keep it here for you and not spend any more than 10% of it. You can pick up the other 90% in person when you make it back home, Soldier" ????

I guess the scam requires you to give your bank account number and password or other secret code to them, so they can clean out your account?

Or will the con-men mail you a counterfeit check, ask you to cash it and mail / wire back CERTIFIED funds to them? Two weeks later you find out that their check to you bounced, but your money to them was good, and you lost it permanently?

5. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

low lifes will do anything for money

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Re: What If

Either or. I have heard of scams working both ways.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

That's crap. He should have at least used something other than freetranslation.com

That's horrible.

8. adcurt

adcurt New Member

All of your money are belong to us.