Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all receive these things, but this is the first one I've received from "an American soldier in Iraq."

This really pisses me off. I am forwarding it on to a buddy at the pentagon so he can make someone aware that it's out there. Funniest thing about it is that it's from "army", but he wants you to respond to a Russian email address. Classic.

If you guys know of any consumer groups who would be interested in it feel free to send it along. I tried Clark Howard, but he doesn't seem to be taking emails anymore. Go figure:

FROM: [email protected]
REPLY-TO: [email protected]

Attention
How is everything going, I hope great?
Though i have not considered this medium to be the best manner to have
approached you on this issue being that the internet has been greatly
abused over the recent years and is very unsecured for informations of
vital importance.

I have decided to take the chance seeing that no other means could have
been faster and more efficient than the E-mail. I write to you
irrespective of the fact you do not know me,but please do consider this
letter as a request from a brother in dire need of assistance.

My name is George Green(Sgt)an American soldier, I am serving in the
military of the 1st Armored Division here in Iraq. As you know we are
being attacked by insurgents everyday and car bombs, it will come worst
now Saddam Hussein was executed. During one of our rescue Mission we
came across a safe that contains the total sum of $21,000,000 (Twenty
one
Million Us Dollars) that belongs to the revolutionaries, which I believe
they use in buying weapons and ammunitions, and it was agreed by all party
present that the money will be shared amongst us. You can go to this web
link to read about events that took place here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm

Out of the total fund my share was $8,000,000 (Eight Million US Dollars).

I am seeking your assistance to evacuate my share of the money, which is
$8,000,000 out of here to you, in as much as you can assure me that my own
share will be safe in your care until I complete my service here.

This is no stolen money,and there are no dangers involved, as I have made
arrangements with a UN representative based in Asia who promised to
deliver the fund to any of my choosing destination. I shall becompensating
you with US$2,500,000.00 (Two Million, Five Hundred Thousand Dollars) on
final conclusion of this project,while the rest shall be for me for my
investment purposes.

One passionate appeal I will make to you is not to discuss this matter
with a third party, should you have reasons to reject this offer, please
destroy this e-mail as any leakage of this information will be too bad
for me.

I do not know for how long we will remain here, and I have survived two
suicide bomb attacks, which prompted me to reach out for help because I
will be migrating to you to invest and start a new life not as a soldier
anymore.

Please if this proposal is acceptable by you, kindly send me an e-mail
signifying your interest including your most confidential telephone
numbers for quick communication also your home address where the fund
would be delivered.

As soon as I receive your email with the information, I will furnish you
with full details on when and how the fund shall be delivered to you by
the diplomat and he will make a contact with you before anything move.

Waiting for our urgent reply.
Best regards,
Sgt. George Green.
 

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
Joined
·
28,617 Posts
What If

So what would the con-artist do if you replied with a P.O. box and said "Mail me as much money as you want to send. I'll keep it here for you and not spend any more than 10% of it. You can pick up the other 90% in person when you make it back home, Soldier" ????

I guess the scam requires you to give your bank account number and password or other secret code to them, so they can clean out your account?

Or will the con-men mail you a counterfeit check, ask you to cash it and mail / wire back CERTIFIED funds to them? Two weeks later you find out that their check to you bounced, but your money to them was good, and you lost it permanently?
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,951 Posts
Re: What If

gunsmoker said:
I guess the scam requires you to give your bank account number and password or other secret code to them, so they can clean out your account?

Or will the con-men mail you a counterfeit check, ask you to cash it and mail / wire back CERTIFIED funds to them? Two weeks later you find out that their check to you bounced, but your money to them was good, and you lost it permanently?
Either or. I have heard of scams working both ways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All of your money are belong to us.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top