Most Common Asked Question While OC

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by NetAdminWithGun, Jul 11, 2007.

1. NetAdminWithGun

NetAdminWithGun New Member

Mine is "Is that real?"

Followed by

"Are you a cop"

Followed by

"Is that loaded"

I am trying to come up with very sarcastic remarks to each of these but haven't come up with any.

2. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

1. No, it's your imagination.
    2. Are you?
    3. The only way to know for sure is to pull the trigger.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Better to come up with friendly responses. Never know what might come of it, expecially if one of your reasons for openly carrying is education.

4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

1. No, ma'am, it's your imagination.
    2. Are you, sir?
    3. Well, young fellow, one of the primary rules of handling of firearms is that you should treat every one as if it is loaded.

5. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

+1

6. NetAdminWithGun

I feel the ones who ask if its real are beyond any education i could possibly offer.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Ah, it could have been me many years ago . . .

8. NetAdminWithGun

Case in point. :lol:

9. Crazydave

Crazydave Member

How bout.....

"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

10. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I've only had people ask if I was a cop. The one guy got a piece of my mind after he kept pressing long enough which can be found in another post on here.

I've never had anyone ask me if mine is real.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

No one has ever asked me any questions. :(

12. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

"Cover your gun, please."
    -Mom

That's the only time anyone's ever asked me anything about my OCed gun. I haven't been doing it long, but I am a bit surprised that no one's asked me anything. I guess Sandy Springs is just too timid :p

13. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Q: "Is that thing loaded?"

A: "Of course it is loaded. It wouldn't make a very effective throwing weapon, now would it...?" :roll:

***My Personal Favourite***

14. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I work in Sandy Springs and OC every day when I go out for my lunch break. Never had any issues at all. Be careful heading north on Roswell Road coming down the hill after Pitts Road - Sandy Springs po-po like to sit up just before the Chevron with the radar gun.

15. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I've gotten pretty good at not going more than 10 over, so I should be okay.

16. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

My only semi-oc experience (CTAC, grip was exposed).

Clerk at the corner market:
    "Are you a cop?"
    No.
    "You're not undercover?" (eyeballing my shorts and t-shirt)
    Nope.
    "Do you carry that around all of the time?"
    Yes.
    "Do you have enemies?"
    Nope.
    (Look of confusion)
    "Why do you carry it?"
    Well.... I gave him a couple of standard reasons. The light bulb seemed to go on over his head, profound understanding crept into his expression...

He then told me a short tale, apparently he was robbed at gunpoint one night at closing time.

I asked if he was uncomfortable with my gun toting presence, or if they would prefer I did not carry openly in their store.

"Naaw, no no not at all Chief."
    I, like 90% of the other store patrons, am known by name. Unfortunately, my name is apparently Chief. Just like the other 90% :lol:

"We know you, it's ok, this is your store too. If you want to carry it, that's OK with me."

And that was it.
    The only one that caught me by surprise was the question about having enemies.

17. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Other than Sarah Brady?

:wink:

18. tace

tace New Member

Boy, that's an easy one. Off the top of my head; ex-wife, Bush Administration, step father-in-law, .......

I guess I should be carrying all the time.

19. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I had my first OC question the other week at Petsmart.
    I sat down next to a very nervous middle aged black woman (she had already jumped when a couple of guys walked by her with a friendly, but big, bull dog). As I walked past her to take my seat she made some slight comment about the police being here. I looked at her & smiled and said, "No m'amm. Not even close"
    She then asked if I was a detective to which I gave a negative reply.
    And then a security person.
    Nope.
    Then she asked what I was.
    Computer programmer.
    Smile.
    Why you carry a gun?
    Because there are bad people other there who carry guns and knives and are bigger than me.
    Smile.
    You can too, you know. I'm just a law abiding person just like you. All you have to do is go to the court house & fill out some paperwork.
    You do know that the policy aren't going to do anything for you until after something has been done to you right? I like the idea of taking care of myself.
    She nodded sagely & said "you right. there bad people, sounds like you pretty smart to me. I'm afraid of guns though."
    I laughed.
    Nothing to be afraid of. It's just like a hammer, just a tool. If you use it right you can do good things with it. If you're silly with it or do something bad then bad things can happen with it.
    She again nodded sagely. "You right, you right."
    That was it. She continued to wait for her pooch, and picked up my book & waited for mine (for two hours. I'm finding a real vet after that crap...)