I'm downsizing my gun collection
:-k I don't understand. :-s

j/k

Free bump. Great HD Shotgun here!

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,608 Posts
question

What's the length of pull on this stock, the way it's pictured?
From what I see online, people say it's 14" and too long for a lot of grown men.
Is there a black "spacer" in between the soft recoil pad and the hard plastic stock itself?
Can that spacer be removed? How much would that shorten the length of pull?
If somebody wanted to remove the recoil pad and spacers and saw 1" of hard plastic off the end of the stock and then screw & glue the recoil pad back on, would that work? Does the stock look and feel like it's made of a material than can be cut, and is it solid inside?

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
What's the length of pull on this stock, the way it's pictured?
From what I see online, people say it's 14" and too long for a lot of grown men.
Is there a black "spacer" in between the soft recoil pad and the hard plastic stock itself?
Can that spacer be removed? How much would that shorten the length of pull?
If somebody wanted to remove the recoil pad and spacers and saw 1" of hard plastic off the end of the stock and then screw & glue the recoil pad back on, would that work? Does the stock look and feel like it's made of a material than can be cut, and is it solid inside?
There is a tube containing a recoil spring in the stock that poses difficulty in DIY LOP reduction. Mesa Tactical has a kit in the works: http://www.mesatactical.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1144

That being said, I have the exact setup being sold here and mag dumps still make me grin. If anybody needs a reference point, I'm ~5'7" on a good day, run keyboards for a living, and have no problems handling the 930, though I would love to reduce the LOP a tad.

·
Registered
857 Posts
We have a 930 Blackwater, which is pretty close to this one. While the LOP seems stupid long, my 5'4" wife loves it, in fact, it is her gun that she chose because it felt so good.

They are great guns, reliable as all get out, and soft shooting (for a shotgun).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts