mossberg 500 smith

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Kzadeun, May 16, 2007.

1. Kzadeun

Kzadeun New Member

haven't really needed a smith untill now. so does any one know of a good reputable smith in the atlanta/henry county area that can do work to the trigger assembly of a mossberg 500? me being the guy that never listens cause he wants to see how everythign works took one apart and now i can't get it back together. a new assembly will cost me about 85 dollars which is about what i paid for this hobby gun so if you guys know a place that will only charge me 20 for puttign it back together that would be swell. otherwise ill have to buy a new on and i think even then it will have to be fitted. so as a not eto all when some one says this should never be taken apart, they are probably right. now i get to look for that one tiny spring that went flying off into the corner of the room. thanks in advance for any help :oops:

2. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

I'd doubt you need a true gunsmith (unless you really did lose a spring), probably just an old-school gun shop staffed by good folks. Do you have favorite gun store?

3. triggerman357

triggerman357 New Member

Check out Eds Pawn in Stockbridge on 138. They have several gunsmiths that might be about to help you.

http://www.edspawn.com/ :righton:

4. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Check the Brownells site. They may have the parts and diagrams that will allow you to DIY.

5. Kzadeun

Kzadeun New Member

thanks all. and triggerman that's where i bought the gun from, haha. it was 90 dollars otd and was fully functional but for the fact it was missing the ejector. it's gonna look nice when im done with it i think.

6. flyin929

flyin929 New Member

Check out YouTube, search mossberg 500. There is a great instructional video on there of a guy doing a complete takedown and re-assembly.
    I had trouble with mine too, there is a little trick to getting it back in but I got the hang of it after watching the video.

7. Kzadeun

Kzadeun New Member

oh no flyin that bit is easy. i can almost do that blind. i took apart the trigger group it's self. ill call ed's and if they can't fix it or it's too much ill just buy another mossberg and use this one for parts. the barrel and mag tube cost more than the gun did. but i am beginning to hate springs.