Mosin Nagant with bayonet and accessories for sale

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Firearms' started by RangeGuy74, Jun 3, 2018.

1. RangeGuy74

RangeGuy74 4CC

Gone

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Tula? Izhevsk? What year? Numbers match?

Nemo

3. RangeGuy74

RangeGuy74 4CC

1938 is stamped under the star. Not sure if it is numbers matching, there are two numbers stamped in the bottom of the magazine floor plate but the rest match one of of those numbers. As far as Tula or Izhevsk I do not know how to tell, if you could enlighten me on how to do that I would appreciate it.

4. RangeGuy74

RangeGuy74 4CC

After some research I believe it is Tula.

5. Nemo

Sounds like a "force match" rifle. Not a single rifle from start to finish but a working rifle got operational by replacing worn out parts with parts from another. And all parts needing replaced were able to come from a single second rifle.

So from what you say it sounds like a force matched 1938 Tula. Just an FYI if you need advertise it elsewhere. But get someone knowledgeable to inspect in person to verify that.

Another question, what is the condition of the bore and rifling?

Nemo

6. RangeGuy74

RangeGuy74 4CC

I know the stock was replaced. I was able to verify that from the stamp marks on it.

7. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

Good luck finding a matchin imported mosin nagant, nemo. All of them were resrsenaled by russians at some point with all the parts thrown into bins in no order and reassembled the same. 250 is a fair price with the bayonet, sling and pouches

8. Nemo

No comment on the price but my Mosin is fully matched. Its a 39 Tula.

Nemo

Strick54 likes this.
  9. johnski

Very interesting!

"The numbers match for one of two reasons:

1. The arsenal was very careful to keep all the parts together when the rifle was rebuilt (not very likely); or

2. The major parts were re-stamped with the receiver's serial number in the course of the rebuilt (far more likely)."

Are there any lined-out numbers?; do all the parts come from the same factory?; is there a diamond with a line through it on the receiver or barrel shank?

10. johnski

11. ed4

ed4 Active Member

I have several matching Nagants(different models) and a few force matched. But I've also had them between 15-20 years and they were $59-$99 at the time. I have a 91/30 sniper that is matching(not force matched).

12. RangeGuy74

RangeGuy74 4CC

It has the Tula mark on the receiver but the Izhevsk Bow and Arrow on the magazine housing right after the screw. There are several marks on the rifle, 10 on the stock and 5 on the receiver. The only mismatch serial number is on the magazine floor plate, all the rest are matching.