More Video Of Floyd Arrest

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Nemo, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

From CNN.

I see no reasonable defense for Chauvin or the other 3 involved in the restraint on the ground as Floyd was pinned down with a knee.

Nemo

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/george-floyd-three-videos-minneapolis/index.html

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Bkite likes this.
  2. StarJack

StarJack Well Aged Member

Every time I see that I'm PISSED OFF they didn't arrest Chauvin immediately after firing him. And I'm still pissed they haven't filed any charges against the three uniformed cowards that stood by and did nothing.

3. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

The speed of arrest is not really significant. I'd rather a matter be investigated and then charging decisions made instead of an "arrest first, ask questions later" approach.

Savannah Dan likes this.
  4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

5. StarJack

I think there was ample evidence in that video to make an arrest. It "might" have curtailed the riots.

6. StarJack

Probably because there wasn't any.

7. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

To jrm's point, Minnesota's speedy trial laws are, as I understand it, pretty aggressive.

In this case though, there is a massive cost to playing it too safe with regard to deciding when and whether to arrest.

8. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

I'm not a MN lawyer, but speedy trial usually kicks in after a criminal charge is filed in court. I.e., it is not related to an arrest. It is the analog to statute of limitations on the back side of charges being filed. So, you have Alleged Crime Committed (Day 1), Charges Filed in Court (Max = Day 1 + SOL), Speedy Trial Requires Dismissal (Max=Charges Filed in Court + ST)

9. Nemo

Other 3 will be charged. Per MSN anyway. Single source, without confirmation.

Nemo

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/g...ld-other-officers-will-be-charged/ar-BB14VABX

10. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

There is a timer that begins after an arrest for charging though. In MN, the defendant has to be brought before a judge for first appearance within 36 hours of arrest (excluding weekend/holidays). At this point, they are required to be informed of the charges, and is when the defendant can make a speedy trial demand. Demanding a speedy trial starts a 60 day clock for the start of trial. That's really fast compared to most states. So, while not directly related to the arrest, there is an indirect relationship between the time of arrest and the deadline for a speedy trial, unless they are planning on releasing the defendant and arresting them again once charges are finalized.

11. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

All the more reason not to arrest until you are ready to go.

12. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Do we know anything of these officer's political leanings? Who they supported as president in 2016? Anything? Have they received questionable payments recently? All of this just seems to unbelievable to not at least consider it was all orchestrated right from the beginning. Before the Floyd death.

13. Clark

Clark Active Member

I've considered that myself. Since the corona hoax is on its way out, are mayors and police departments really conspiring to stir up chaos? At this point, I really wouldn't doubt it.

14. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

I have thought through scenarios/possibilities where in it seems that it would be more believable if guberment officials/world leaders "higher up" are involved. I mean, there does appear to be a ever growing, and obvious to me, chasm between those that want America to continue to be/return to being, a sovereign Constitutional Republic and those that want it to become something other.

Editied: Had to throw out threw and throw in through.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:lol: Wut?

GM404 likes this.
  16. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Why are you acting stupid? They are straight forward questions

17. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

The stuff I had last night ain't as good as what some of you were hitting last night.:mrgreen::drink::smokin::tinfoil:

GM404 and Bkite like this.
  18. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

The corona hoax isn't going away. Notice how they're playing up the recent increases in "cases" (cases, not hospitalizations) in some of the states, like FL and GA, that opened up against the approved "orders?" And don't forget that they have been warning us of "phase 2" come this fall. If you're going to milk something, milk it for all it's worth.

Police agencies take their orders from their Gruppenf├╝hrers mayors or governors. I don't believe any of the stand-down orders we've been seeing are the direct calls of the chiefs. Now the mayors and/or governors? That's a different story particularly when most of them are of the "D" persuasion.

19. Nemo

Reported first release of bodycam footage.

Nemo