Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/11/18/another-tsa-outrage/

This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols.

So we’re in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they’re going to confiscate his nail clippers.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,316 Posts
Why are nail clippers a big deal?
A woman with long fingernails can scratch someone as bad as a nail clippers would.
Can anybody see a terrorist holding a flight attendant hostage and pressing a nail clippers to her throat and saying "open the cockpit door, or I'll nip this skin on her neck right above her juglar vein!"

Yeah, right. That would be about as threatening as just extending two fingers and threatening to poke her in the eyes like Moe was always doing to the other Stooges in those old slapstick routines.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
gunsmoker said:
Why are nail clippers a big deal?
A woman with long fingernails can scratch someone as bad as a nail clippers would.
Can anybody see a terrorist holding a flight attendant hostage and pressing a nail clippers to her throat and saying "open the cockpit door, or I'll nip this skin on her neck right above her juglar vein!"

Yeah, right. That would be about as threatening as just extending two fingers and threatening to poke her in the eyes like Moe was always doing to the other Stooges in those old slapstick routines.
you can remove the screw and turn nail clippers into 2 razor blades. Given very crappy razor blades but yeah definately not the biggest threat

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,493 Posts
Truly absurd!!! :screwy:

Slightly off topic story:

Years ago, before 9/11, I was with a group returning from Israel. A friend of mine had purchased a full-sized replica of a Crusader's Broadsword. Boarding the plane in Tel Aviv the Israeli security agent asked him, "Do you carry any weapons for self defense?" My friend, with large broadsword in hand replied, "No."

They let him carry the sword on the plane. It sat between his legs all the way to Paris. He then hand carried it thru Charles de Gaulle airport while we switched planes. He carried it on the next plane between his legs all the way to New York.

In New York Delta took it away from him and made him check it as luggage for the flight to Atlanta!

Yep, sometimes security people make me wonder!

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,493 Posts
Jmark said:
Try watching this without getting angry.

If that were my little girl, I would be in jail....

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Jmark said:
Try watching this without getting angry.

I had to turn it off when they showed them pulling down her pants and she was screaming "Stop touching me!"

I guess I'll have to suffer the indignity of the full body scan when I have to do business trips that are too far to drive to, because going through that pat-down would trigger memories it took years of therapy to overcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts