Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

More Open Carry Harassment in VA

812 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  1stinlastout 
#1 ·
#5 ·
This is just Norfolk PD's ignorance of the law. I called the Chief's office myself and asked if I were visiting from out of state if I would be harrassed for OCing. I was emphatically told that I would not be harrassed and that they were addressing the training of their officers. We will see if that is the case.

#6 ·
wsweeks2 said:
This is just Norfolk PD's ignorance of the law. I called the Chief's office myself and asked if I were visiting from out of state if I would be harrassed for OCing. I was emphatically told that I would not be harrassed and that they were addressing the training of their officers. We will see if that is the case.
Interesting development.

#10 ·
Decatur

A couple years ago I was listening to the Decatur PD on a scanner(trunk tracker) and a patrol officer found a gun in someones car. He called his sergeant to say he was going to seize the gun. Sergeant asked why are you seizing it? PO - because he doesnt have a permit. Sergeant- he doesnt need one give it back to him. It probably happens a lot.

c

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.