Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Well the terrorist have already won at making sure that our 4th amendment rights are destroyed. I guess they are going to try to destroy our 2nd amendment rights as well.

A huge Mumbai-style attack on the U.S. is going to have every liberal in our government and in our country screaming for harsher gun control laws at the federal and state levels.

Be ready for it.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
EJR914 said:
Well the terrorist have already won at making sure that our 4th amendment rights are destroyed. I guess they are going to try to destroy our 2nd amendment rights as well.

A huge Mumbai-style attack on the U.S. is going to have every liberal in our government and in our country screaming for harsher gun control laws at the federal and state levels.

Be ready for it.
I'd expect that also. However, the Pakistanis attacked Bombay by boat, bringing their weapons with them.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Hock25 said:
EJR914 said:

Be ready for it.
I'd expect that also. However, the Pakistanis attacked Bombay by boat, bringing their weapons with them.
IF such an attack happened here, I doubt that would stop the liberal media from pushing for more gun control. Never let a crisis go to waste.

After all, the facts have never stopped the liberal media, before.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,855 Posts
Ironically, if such an attack happened, and none of the innocent people were armed and were all slaughtered, the liberal media and liberals in our government would somehow use that as justification to impose stricter laws on gun ownership and carry for such citizens that might face future attacks.

However, if a few honest citizens were armed in such an attack, and shot and stopped the attackers, the liberals still might mumble against gun rights, but essentially their mouths would mostly be shut.

As a side, but still connected note: I know a lot of people here carry primarily for their own protection, and as such carry guns with greatly limited rounds, often having short barrels with limited accuracy at distances beyond 25 feet, and with no spare magazines. But there are others here who carry also for the protection of those around them. As such, we carry full-sized firearms with double-stack magazines, and also carry at least two spare magazines. You never know when you'll be in the middle of such a situation where the extra fire-power would be necessary in helping to stop a mass attack and save lives.

·
69,170 Posts
A lot of good your Kel Tec P3AT is going to do against trained, determined, and suicidal men armed with AK-47s and grenades.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
A lot of good your Kel Tec P3AT is going to do against trained, determined, and suicidal men armed with AK-47s and grenades.
It has a higher velocity than the shutter speed of a camera.

There's not much that ante's up against trained, suicidal heavily armed individuals, but nothing is still nothing.

Great write up on the Mumbai attacks.

http://jedburgh-usa.com/mumbai-attack-november-2008/

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Most of the time I don't carry a spare mag for my CW9, but I may just start carrying one in pocket more often. Also if we do face a Mumbai style attack hopefully I would be able to grab an AK eventually. But more than likely an attack like this would occur in a major city, like New York, Chicago, or LA, where gun laws are already too strict for average people to be carrying guns. So when terrorists raid a major hotel in New York, like they did in Mumbai, people will be pretty much F*@#ed because no one will be carrying guns.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
Hock25 said:
EJR914 said:

Be ready for it.
good thing i carry my gun to the beach :sly:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,316 Posts
Now here's a dilemma: You sneak up on one terrorist and shoot him with your mousegun.
Do you then take his Ak-47 and his grenades?
If you grab the AK, will others assume YOU are one of the terrorists and start shooting at you?
Will you be targeted by the cops when they arrive on the scene?
Everybody knows the AK is the weapon of bad guys, and good guys use ARs. :hide:

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
gunsmoker said:
Now here's a dilemma: You sneak up on one terrorist and shoot him with your mousegun.
Do you then take his Ak-47 and his grenades?
If you grab the AK, will others assume YOU are one of the terrorists and start shooting at you?
Will you be targeted by the cops when they arrive on the scene?
Everybody knows the AK is the weapon of bad guys, and good guys use ARs. :hide:
D. NONE OF THE ABOVE

You can what-if all you want...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Phil1979 said:
However, if a few honest citizens were armed in such an attack, and shot and stopped the attackers, the liberals still might mumble against gun rights, but essentially their mouths would mostly be shut.
I think it's safe to say that they would still point to all of the dead bodies and say "see... if we only had better gun laws and tighter restrictions on sale... all of this could have been avoided.." As if a few little old gun laws would stop a terrorist... :screwy:

On a side note... I think I will start carry 3 spare mag for my Kimber instead of 1.... 8)

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Aberk said:
They were shooting from waist height and fired at anything that moved. I briefly had time to take a couple of frames using a telephoto lens. I think they saw me taking photographs but theydidn't seem to care."

The gunmen were terrifyingly professional,

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... z14yjK5ZX2
What?
I was just going to remark on this contradiction. Yeah, really proficient killers those guys were. Except sadly the cowards were proficient enough because they were assured that no one would be willing nor able to fight back.

Gunsmoke: I'm taking the AK and the grenades simply to make sure that the materials don't fall into the hands of other attackers thirsty for the means to kill even more. I'll worry about who thinks what later on.

BTW, my homeland defense weapon is a Kalashnikov-pattern gun. If the loaded mags weren't so heavy, it would also be the gun I'd grab if forced to leave the homestead.

·
Registered
619 Posts
175FO said:
Most of the time I don't carry a spare mag for my CW9, but I may just start carrying one in pocket more often. Also if we do face a Mumbai style attack hopefully I would be able to grab an AK eventually. But more than likely an attack like this would occur in a major city, like New York, Chicago, or LA, where gun laws are already too strict for average people to be carrying guns. So when terrorists raid a major hotel in New York, like they did in Mumbai, people will be pretty much F*@#ed because no one will be carrying guns.[/quote

YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT THAT. IT WAS ONLY AFTER THE MUMBAI MASSACRE THAT INDIA EVEN STARTED TO CONSIDER CHANGING THEIR RESTRICTIONS CONCERNING PERSONAL WEAPONS. That is exactly where they will strike. Also, remember that Cho at Virginia Tech missed 70% of his shots but still killed 32, before killing himself.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,855 Posts
India's disarmament started with the British occupation. Unfortunately, even after winning independence from Britain, India's government pretty much carried on with the gun-control tactics of their former occupiers. Did India's Indian leaders learn from the British to not trust their own people? Or as elitists, did mistrust of their own people come naturally for them?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/a ... 24230.html

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.†â€" Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I'd rather have a mouse gun than nothing. At that moment when you know you're going to die, I'd rather be on my feet, and I'd rather have a weapon than not.

The chances of you sneaking up on a single bad guy alone, shooting him in the back of the head, commandeering his weapons and grenades, and then mounting some offensive is small to none, but if you got really lucky and used your head, at least maybe you could hide, evade, and survive. If not survive, I'd rather go out with a bang on my feet. You wouldn't catch me cowering in a corner.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts