21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Rammstein said:
Keep 'em coming.
Okay, here goes...

1) When I unload with a round in the chamber, it scores the shell, usually on the edge where it meets the copper, but sometimes on the bottom. At what point does one need to worry about the round being "too damaged" to fire safely?

2) What in the world does the "connector" do, and why does it click when I'm checking the trigger safety?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
1. If you see a noticeable sinking of the bullet into the casing. On your next trip to the range just pop off that round.

Some people will only chamber/unload a round so many times before they toss the round. I think this is taking things to an extreme. So long as the bullet does not become depressed into the casing you are fine.

2. The connector is what the trigger bar rubs against and is mostly responsible for how hard or soft the trigger pull is.

The trigger safety is not connected to the connector in any way. By "checking the trigger safety" do you mean when you pull the entire trigger or when you pull back just the trigger safety so that the trigger is still in the forward position?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Rammstein said:
By "checking the trigger safety" do you mean when you pull the entire trigger or when you pull back just the trigger safety so that the trigger is still in the forward position?
I'm trying to do the trigger safety function test from page 17 of the 2002 manual you sent me. As I'm pushing forward on the vertical extension of the trigger bar, the connector clicks and seems to move... I can't get it to do it more than once, however, unless I reassemble it and rack it before field stripping it again...

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Ok. I'm tracking now.

The reason why it clicks is because the trigger bar is popping above the connectors lip.

When you reassemble and rack the slide you are putting the trigger bar back below the connectors lip.

The connector is slightly angled out from the trigger mechanism housing and that is (in part) what gives friction to the trigger pull.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts