Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got another, hand-addressed letter from Pinkie's crew yesterday. I got a chill through my whole body and my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't believe it. I could not believe it was returned to us already, and so quickly! We had just mailed in an application on Monday or Tuesday (the 9th or 10th of July) and it was sent back to us yesterday! A 10 day turn-around for a license from the probate court of Fulton County!!! I'm still today pretty blown away that they could turn a license around that quickly; I mean, I thought they were really, really backed up!

I guess because it was only a marriage license, it wasn't a big deal to them.

:-k

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Ten days of a marrige license. They handed me mine the day we applied.

Gives new meaning to a 10 day waiting period.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ber950 said:
Ten days of a marriage license. They handed me mine the day we applied.

Gives new meaning to a 10 day waiting period.
The license was applied for and issued, blank, in the same transaction (took about 20 minutes). We then had the Reverend sign it the day of the ceremony (Saturday), he probably mailed it to Pinkie & the Gang on Monday or Tuesday, it was recorded that Friday (the 13th, oooh!) and we received it yesterday afternoon in the mail.

If only GFLs were so easy. [-o<

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Boy Racer said:
We then had the Reverend sign it the day of the ceremony (Saturday), he probably mailed it to Pinkie & the Gang on Monday or Tuesday, it was recorded that Friday (the 13th, oooh!) and we received it yesterday afternoon in the mail.

Well, if you had a "Reverend" sign your GFL Application, maybe it would issue so quickly, too!
:lol:

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
[quote="Boy Racer":v71l2fy2] We then had the Reverend sign it the day of the ceremony (Saturday), he probably mailed it to Pinkie & the Gang on Monday or Tuesday, it was recorded that Friday (the 13th, oooh!) and we received it yesterday afternoon in the mail.

Well, if you had a "Reverend" sign your GFL Application, maybe it would issue so quickly, too!
:lol:[/quote:v71l2fy2]
I wonder if I would've gotten my license faster had I put myself down as Rev. budder...

·
Registered
1,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts