Mitch Seabaugh

Discussion in 'Previous Bills' started by Malum Prohibitum, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

His Etown hall already has two mentions regarding restrictive gun laws and one mention of Georgiacarry.org.

http://www.mitchseabaugh.com/content/bl ... ory/75/56/

:wink:

People might be busy checking to see if their own state senator or state representative has such a web site where posting is welcome.

2. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I'm still wondering what happened to the actions I submitted for my "Sonny-Do List" :lol:

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

They were put on the Sonny-Doesn't-Care list.

4. Foul

Foul New Member

And you don't want to know what he wipes with his "doesn't-care" list...

5. john

john New Member

Gentlemen please be nice, I want to make freinds not give them a reason to egnore us. Better to have a freind who may have a difference of opinion that will still listen to you then some one who will not.

6. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Don't get me wrong... I was just making a joke. I didn't mean to demean the intent of this thread, which was to point out the great forum for discusson and suggestions on Mr. Seabaugh's website. I wish all politicians actually posted what people wrote instead of sanitizing the responses.

Of course, I wholeheartedly agree with all the comments relating to GA firearms licensing, but I also appreciated the comments on the ever-increasing tax burden on us citizens of Georgia. They both go hand in hand, honestly. Both will cause me to move out of what I consider to be one of the best states in the country. Georgia has so much potential... it really does... but mix in the high traffic in metro areas, high crime and when your dept shoots too many criminals they get investigated, 2% sales tax in addition to the 7% you get just for being a GA resident, blue laws out the wazoo, ridiculous firearms laws and self defense laws that are almost a joke considering the restrictions us law-abiding citizens have...

Sadly, I'll be moving to FL next year. I'm glad at least one GA lawmaker is getting it. When Cynthia McKinney represents you, you tend to get a bit discouraged and cynical lol.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Mark my words - repeal this year

Since the amendments last year, we have one of the best "self defense" laws in the entire country. I cannot think of any that are better. Once can even defend himself from police officers in Georgia. How many other states can say that. No duty to retreat - never has been. Not in you home, not on the sidewalk, not in the mall, not anywhere. Now we also have civil and criminal immunity written into the law. What else could you want? As for the firearms laws, well, you just joined the organization that is working on that! GCO has already had some success on the local level with repealing gun bans, and it is working on the state level as well.

Sorry to see you go, but Cynthia McKenney represents nobody now - she lost! You have a new representative.