Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to have a conversation but for some reason my sent messages aren't showing up in my inbox and I have no idea why, though the recipient apparently got one of several that were sent. Any idea what's going on? Mailbox is far from full.

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
I think sent messages are removed from your inbox as soon as they are read, I can't be sure I remember that correctly though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've thought of that, however I can't even see them if I go immediately to the inbox right after sending them. I could have sworn they used to stay there until they were deleted, but that was some time ago and the forum has had updates since then.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
I've been trying to have a conversation but for some reason my sent messages aren't showing up in my inbox and I have no idea why, though the recipient apparently got one of several that were sent. Any idea what's going on? Mailbox is far from full.
Maybe I'm not reading you correctly but your sent messages show up in your "sent items" box, not your "inbox."

The recipient's reply will show up in your "inbox."

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Once you send them they go to your sent folder. It's a drop-down at the top of your private messages. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll get you a screenshot.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,135 Posts
I just sent a PM. I have this. I see nothing in my "sent" box. Most of the time I respond to a PM with a reply to that one, on the same one makeing a long chain thing from start to finish containing all from both sides.

I can find no simple "sent" ones. Even with a separate reply.

Nemo

Sent Items contains 0 messages.
You have 248 messages stored, of a total 2,500 allowed. (Empty Folder) Jump to Folder:

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I just sent a PM. I have this. I see nothing in my "sent" box. Most of the time I respond to a PM with a reply to that one, on the same one makeing a long chain thing from start to finish containing all from both sides.

I can find no simple "sent" ones. Even with a separate reply.

Nemo

Sent Items contains 0 messages.
You have 248 messages stored, of a total 2,500 allowed. (Empty Folder) Jump to Folder:
you have to check off the "Save Copy to Sent Box" in your edit options. It does count to the total number of pm's you're allowed so it's not set that way by default. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

If you can't find it let me know and I'll give you a link.

·
69,784 Posts
you have to check off the "Save Copy to Sent Box" in your edit options. It does count to the total number of pm's you're allowed so it's not set that way by default. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

If you can't find it let me know and I'll give you a link.
Yep, until it gets full and then you have to start deleting them to send anymore messages.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,135 Posts
I don't send that many so I can deal with that.

I found the box to check and used the click to save button to exit. So we shall see if I did it right.

Nemo

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm betting that was what has happened then because that was my issue, I had no record of anything being sent. I will find that and check it off. I'm assuming I had it set that way and at some point and a forum update reset that default which is why they were no longer being copied to my sent folder. Just was unnerving because I couldn't be sure the pm went through if I never got a response.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
I'm betting that was what has happened then because that was my issue, I had no record of anything being sent. I will find that and check it off.
Click on User CP in upper left portion of any page.
In left hand margin click on Edit Options.
Under Private Messaging click the 5th option to save PMs to your Sent box.
Page to the end and click Save Changes.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I'm betting that was what has happened then because that was my issue, I had no record of anything being sent. I will find that and check it off. I'm assuming I had it set that way and at some point and a forum update reset that default which is why they were no longer being copied to my sent folder. Just was unnerving because I couldn't be sure the pm went through if I never got a response.
It starts that way, but I don't think a forum reset would do that. If it did it would do it to everyone.

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Click on User CP in upper left portion of any page.
In left hand margin click on Edit Options.
Under Private Messaging click the 5th option to save PMs to your Sent box.
Page to the end and click Save Changes.
im lost not see that option
found it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts