Minneapolis police, protesters clash almost 24 hours after George Floyd's death in custody

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by StarJack, May 27, 2020.

1. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Is there a new twist about to show up in the George Floyd case? Attorneys for Officer Kueng, one of the defendants, are requesting documents for his defense from the state. According to this Twitter thread, Floyd may have been a police informant.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1304957439704526848
    Here's the actual court motion that was filed.
    https://mncourts.gov/mncourtsgov/me...ofMotion08272020.pdf?ref=newsnetworks-dot-com
    Let's jump ahead and pretend this is true and that Floyd was a police snitch. I wonder how that is going to sit with some (a lot?) of the "peaceful protesters" who helped destroy Minneapolis in memory of that paragon of virtue? Of course, this could end being a huge nothing burger but it certainly is interesting.

2. Smilodon

Smilodon Active Member

I don't think it would change anything either way. Do you?

3. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with who, what or anything else about him. He served a purpose that 's all. The Man other than that is totally unimportant.

Smilodon likes this.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Looks like nothing more than the standard Motion for Discovery/Disclosure/Exculpatory Information or whatever its called in whatever jurisdiction.

Just about all criminal courts have a standard form motion and order in this.

Nothing new or exciting on this, IMHO.

Nemo

5. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Maybe. The "peaceful protesters" haven't gone full retard yet regardless of the damage already done. If Floyd was a snitch I could see them losing any semblance of what little control they have and going completely ape sh*t crazy and taking it to another level of destruction. Including people of any type.

6. Smilodon

Smilodon Active Member

I didn't even consider that option. I still don't think it would be likely to change anything.