Minneapolis police killed woman who called them

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Verbal101, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

Supposedly being investigated as a homicide?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/18/questions-over-why-minnesota-cops-had-body-cameras-off-during-shooting-australian-woman.html

2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Add to all that the reported fact that none of the officers body cams was on nor was the squad cars video active.

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

An article I read yesterday indicated that Damond, who was in a bathrobe, was on the outside of the driver's side of the car talking with the driver. The cop that shot her was in the passenger seat. If the shooter indeed shot through the door and not the window, his gun didn't come up very far. I wonder if he already had it out and was holding it on his lap and had an ND?

4. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Heard this morning on Fox News that the cops said they were "startled" by fireworks they may have mistaken for gunshots. Someone is digging real deep for a narrative that the brain dead will buy.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.startribune.com/minneapo...-justine-damond-minnesota-bca-says/435251273/

6. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

He has several excessive force charges on his record after 2 years on the police force. One was dismissed without discipline. The others are "still under investigation". He's looking more and more like the Poster Boy for Progressive Policing.

7. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

I bet his partner's ears are still ringing, if he can hear at all!

8. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Partner gave a statement, shooter has refused.

9. wee

wee Active Member

I do not know if the officer is in jail or not but Joe public sure would be if involved in a shooting and refused to give a statement....?

Brian

10. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

I wonder how long it took her to bleed out?

11. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

Homicide is a classification of death meaning that the death was caused by the hand/action of another.

If you shoot and kill someone who is attacking you with an axe, the cause of that death would be a homicide, but that does not make it a murder.

There is no question that it is being investigated as a homicide. It is a homicide. The question is to whether or not it is a murder or manslaughter.

gunsmoker likes this.
  12. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

...or a paid vacation and then extra training.

13. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

No matter how you look at it, its a bad shoot. Cop needs long time in jail. Very long time.

Nemo

14. phaed

phaed Active Member

no situation exists that can't be made worse by the simple insertion of a police officer

15. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Normally, if you refuse to give a statement the cops will charge you with the most serious crime(s) they can think of, if there's even a slight bit of evidence pointing toward your guilt. It doesn't matter that this may not be enough evidence for the DA's office to indict the case and take it to court.

But, not always. Consider how the Ramsey family in Colorado refused to be interviewed about the murder of their 6 year old daughter Jon-Benet Ramsey. The cops were frustrated, but since there wasn't enough evidence to arrest any particular person in the family, they got away with their non-cooperation.

In this case though, I'd say the circumstances point strongly toward negligent homicide. Reckless handling of a gun and then an accidental discharge of it.

Just like that lawyer in Atlanta who shot his wife in the car.

Same theory of the prosecution, I'd say.

If this cop hasn't yet been arrested and charged, I hope it's ONLY because the DA's office is trying to decide between murder and manslaughter, and the details of the State's theory of the case.

16. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

I hope you're right. Problem is the officer appears to have been given a free-pass in the past. Some sources are saying that all the allegations of excessive force against him involve excessive force toward women as the target. But, since he has been the poster-child for that PD for progressive integration of the department there are serious questions about how this is going to be handled.

17. Malum Prohibitum

18. Malum Prohibitum

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...story-Justine-startled-him.html#ixzz4nV77smh3
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

19. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Her fiance seriously needs to come out of the closet.

[​IMG]