Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
"The Police Department tweeted that one officer was taken to a hospital after he was struck by a brick thrown through his squad car window."

Sounds like a scenario in which you'd be justified to shoot the brick thrower.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Let me guess: One of Obama's sons who was just turning his life around on his way home with a pack of Skittles? Quickly now, dig out a baby picture of the suspect to make him appear innocent!

Setting a gas station and police car on fire, and throwing bricks is apparently the answer! These low-life thugs are going to be real bent out of shape when the day comes the police say "enough" and start fighting a real war against these scumbags.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
I view local police as the modern day equivalent of ancient soldiers. When they weren't fighting wars, they were basically the local police. I assume that if certain groups went to war with the police, they will return it in kind.

But the police should not be needlessly violent against citizens. It happens because it's human nature to overreact sometimes. Jesus told the Roman soldiers not to do violence to anyone. That was not telling them to stop doing their job, but to do it without (police) brutality.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I view local police as the modern day equivalent of ancient soldiers. When they weren't fighting wars, they were basically the local police. I assume that if certain groups went to war with the police, they will return it in kind.

But the police should not be needlessly violent against citizens. It happens because it's human nature to overreact sometimes. Jesus told the Roman soldiers not to do violence to anyone. That was not telling them to stop doing their job, but to do it without (police) brutality.
I wouldn't advocate for needless violence against ordinary citizens.

However, these thugs who are attacking the police and tearing apart their own neighborhoods over what are typically justified shoots need to be met with swift and decisive action that communicates that nonsense won't stand. Whether the police do it or the regular law-abiding citizens come toe the line, at some point you're going to have to communicate in the only language they seem to understand - violence.

·
American
3,289 Posts
........But the police should not be needlessly violent against citizens. It happens because it's human nature to overreact sometimes. Jesus told the Roman soldiers not to do violence to anyone. That was not telling them to stop doing their job, but to do it without (police) brutality.
Cant recall anywhere that Jesus says what you think he said. Sounds like you are referring to Luke 3:14, but that is John the Baptist speaking and what says isnt that, its this:
"Then some soldiers asked him, "And what should we do?" He replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely--be content with your pay."NIV

·
Registered
3,405 Posts

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,531 Posts
They should not need the guard tonight. Tomorrow is Monday, all the people that are protesting have to go to bed early to go to work.
Now that is true sarcasm right there!

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
Doh! You're right, it's Luke 3:14 and it was John the Baptist. Memory is failing me at a rapid rate these days.

Cant recall anywhere that Jesus says what you think he said. Sounds like you are referring to Luke 3:14, but that is John the Baptist speaking and what says isnt that, its this:
"Then some soldiers asked him, "And what should we do?" He replied, "Don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely--be content with your pay."NIV

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.