Million Mom Marcher found with illegal gun and drugs

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Gunstar1, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

http://www.sj-r.com/Sections/News/Stories/49173.asp Springfield Illinois

Below is a comment about the story:

Contact: Richard Pearson of the Illinois State Rifle Association, 815-635-3198; Web: http://www.isra.org

SPRINGFIELD, Ill., March 1 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The following was released today by the Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA):

Police in Springfield, IL executed a search warrant last week on the home of Annette "Flirty" Stevens, anti-gun activist and president of the Springfield chapter of the Million Mom March. The search warrant was issued in connection with a spate of drive-by-shootings in the area. Ms. Stevens was placed under arrest after the police allegedly found illegal drugs and a handgun with the serial numbers removed. She may also face being charged with not having a valid Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card, required by Illinois law to keep legal firearms. In a statement to the press, Stevens said the gun belonged to her son who died in a shooting in mid-2003, that when she discovered it about a half year following his death, she didn't know what to do with it, and put it in a drawer.

Richard Pearson, Executive Director of the Illinois State Rifle Association, commented: "She could face felony charges. I find it incredible that someone representing an organization that pushes legislation that only punishes law-abiding gun owners would possess such an illegal weapon."

"Surely she must be familiar with US gun laws and those in Illinois, considering the position she holds. Does she think the law does not apply to her due to anti-gun affiliation? It's the height of hypocrisy!"

"It's a classic case of liberal elitists who say 'Do as I say' but cannot walk their own talk." Pearson concluded.

2. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

While it should not be this way for anyone I think it's just too funny...

3. coyy2k1

coyy2k1 New Member

Just another hypocrite, and everyone only thinks they are in Churches. :lol:

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Good cover, "I am the leader of the Illinios MMM, I'm not involved with guns or drugs."

I would laugh myself silly if it turns out she is a drug dealer/runner. :twisted:

5. seajay

It will be even more funny if it turns out she is responsible for the drive by's!

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

They got the seach warrent because the police think she is connected to one of the 2 gangs doing drive by's.

Maybe mom wanted some revenge for her kid.

7. seajay

What I meant was they could connect the gun she had with the drive by's. Gun rights groups all over the nation could say they were causing the gun violence to promote their agenda.

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

:shock: :twisted:
    Oh thats too funny.