Military installations

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Marine6212, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

I need GPDO members help! I need help with news articles of other military installions that allow DOD members to carry a firearm in their vehicle or on their person!

I am going to ask the Robins AFB Commander for permission to carry in my vehicle iaw with DOD Directive 5210.56, Section 4.

If I can get the news articles I know which bases to do a foia request on to get the information that the commander used to grant permission!!

2. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I am not sure how looking at stuff through a FOIA request will do you any good. Installation commanders are swapped out on a continuous basis, and each CC may have his/her own way of carrying out that instruction.

3. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

Trying to show the base Commander that other bases allow weapons on base, and what they used for justification!

4. colt383

colt383 New Member

If you have access to the Air Force Portal you can find the policy to carry guns in your vehicle while on base for Hurlburt Field. It is pretty simple and I haven’t heard of any issues with it yet. I work down there during the week and return back to Warner Robins on the weekends. I wish we could carry with us in our vehicles on Robins AFB but have a feeling there will be to many of the people there to oppose it.

5. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

Thanks,